Chapter 7 ~ Comfort

Start from the beginning

"That's crazy... we are going to do something about it right? We can't let him stay with Abby '' He says and I nod. "I'm talking with the coach today then I will let Fay know how we should tell Abby." I say and he nods.

I go and get up to get ready for practice. I grab my bag and both me and Cole head to the rink.

☁️

Once we get there we see the team warming up. Me and Cole go to the locker room and put on our skates. We get out on the ice and warm up with the other boys. I don't see Dylan here, but again he is always late to practice.

I hope he was gone when Fay got home.

After warming up, me and the boys split into two teams and played scrimmage. I pass the puck to Cole and he makes the first goal. I back up and bump into someone. I turn around and see Dylan. He gave me a small smile and I did not return it.

All the anger I felt last night resurfaced and I had to get out of the rink before I blew up. "What's wrong Graham? Intimidated?" He asks and I freeze, I skate up to him and punch him right in the jaw. He falls on the ground clutching his face. Everyone stops moving "That's for Fay." I say and walk away.

I head to the coaches office and knock. I hear a 'come in' open the door, and take a seat in the chair in front of his desk. He looks like he is working on contracts.

"What's up boy?" He asks and puts his papers aside and looks at me with folded arms.

"Coach I need to talk to you about Dylan" I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Son, if this is about him being mean, I'm sorry I can't do much, he's a good player."

"Hear me out" I say and he nods for me to continue. "Not only is he rude to all the other players, but he cheats on his girlfriend and last night was the final straw. He hurt one of my best friends and tried to rape her and succeeded at marking her." I say out of breath "He needs to suffer the consequences. I don't need my best friend coming to me and crying to me all night until she falls asleep with tear stains on her cheeks. It's either me or him, I go or he goes" I say and the coach looks at me in shock.

"What's her name?"

"Fayette Aurora Monet, she just moved from France, she is best friends with Abby, Dylan's girlfriend. He hit on her last night while Abby was sleeping and touched her and left a mark." I say and he sighs

"I will talk with him, but I don't need you leaving the team, I will bring this to the principal and get him kicked off." I nod and then we hear men screaming from outside the coaches office.

We both dash out there and see Cole on top of Dylan landing punches. The guys are trying to pull him off and Dylan just sits there with a smirk on his face.

"THIS IS FOR BREAKING ABBY'S HEART OVER AND OVER AGAIN. YOU DON'T DESERVE A WOMAN LIKE HER!" Cole yells and yells more at him.

I knew Coke had some anger he needed to take out on him. I'm proud.

When the coach finally blows the whistle Cole gets off of him. Both Cole and Dylan get up and follow him to his office.

He tells us practice is canceled and we go to the locker room and get dressed. I wait outside the coaches office for Cole. Ten minutes later both energy from there. Dylan looks pissed while Cole looks very pissed.

Dylan walks past and makes eye contact with my angry eyes. I look at Cole. "What happened?" I ask and he shrugs. "He got kicked off the team and I'm not allowed to play till the next game after this weekend." I nod "You did good Cole, you protected Abby '' I say proud of him and he puts his arm around my shoulder.

"At least now I have the chance to prove I'm better than him," He says and I laugh.

☁️

We both settle down for the night at our place and eat pizza. After today I feel like crap and just want to have a chill night.

Half way through the movie I get a text from Fay.

Little fairy - "Hey, just wanted to let you know I'm good. I also think we should talk about when and how to tell Abby. Dylan showed up but Abby was here so I didn't answer the door"

"I know, facetime tonight?"

Little fairy- "Yeah, just text me when you're ready."

"Alright"

I put my phone away and resumed the movie. After the movie me and Cole went to our separate rooms. I grabbed my phone called Fay. She picked up after the third ring.

"Hey you"

"Hey Fay"

"Tired?"

"Very, how are you?"

"Eh, I just finished last minute homework and wrote in my journal. Also my throat has been hurting because I was on the phone with my parents and was talking to them in French the whole time. I haven't done that in years. It's hard because when you haven't talked in your first language in a while your throat gets strained from not being used to talking in it."

I can tell her throat is a little raspy. Her accent is coming out a little more.

"I'm sorry please drink water"

She holds up a water bottle and drinks it and I laugh at her actions

"I'm very much drinking water, My mom told me I had to speak a little French everyday to help my throat from doing that"

"How about you say some stuff to me?"

"I would rather wait till my throat is better" She laughs which makes me laugh as well.

"Dylan got kicked off the team" I blurted out

"Really?"

"Yeah I told the coach what happened and he said that he needed to go. Cole also beat the hell out of him and started to protect Abby"

"Awe, I ship"

"I agree. The two are soulmates after all they have been through."

"Do you want to come over tomorrow night with Cole? Abby and Cole can have a talk and we can tell her?"

"Yeah sure I will tell that to Cole."

She nods. We fall silent.

She yawns and I take that as a sign of her being tired.

"I will see you tomorrow little fairy"

She laughs and nods

"See you tomorrow Eli" She blows a kiss and hangs up.

I turn my phone off and head to bed hoping that tomorrow will go smoothly.