Chapter 5: The Reservation

Start from the beginning

"I know you want to wear the pink ones, but the black shoes go with your red dress." I put her shoes one for her, and gave her a kiss. "One day you'll have thousands of shoes to pick from, Ade."

The door hell rang, the moment Adeline grabbed my offered hand. "Liam is here!" She cheered before slipping out of my hand and skipping to the direction of the door. I take my purse and switched off the light of the bedroom, catching a glimpse of myself.

It seams that Adeline opened the door with no problem, but I was wary of her doing something like that for strangers. "Ade, don't open the door for strangers." I warned and her attention went back to me.

"Yes mommy."

Liam was standing in front of the closed door, carrying Ade as if he wasn't even carrying anything at the first place. "You consider a stranger?" He's eyes sparkled in the dim light. I also see him dressed in a light blue casual long shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and wearing the pants of a navy suit.

"Technically yes, your a bad influence on my child." I pointed out tilting my head to the side. When Liam didn't answer, I turn my eyes to see him- well his eyes roaming my body. My face turned crimson, in embarrassment.

"Why are you red, mommy, are you sick?

Kids These days, are very talkative- in fact my baby girl was never much a talker-- okay she definitely was. "I think she caught a cold," he smirked watching me carefully. "Don't you think baby?"

I watched my very one child turn fully red on her chubby cheeks. My eyes widened in disbelief. "Adeline has a tiny crush," I turn to Liam alarmed. "Your are a bad influence on her, give me my daughter." I said walking toward him and reaching for my precious diamond. I doubt Ade, even knows what we are talking about.

"Ladies as much as I'd love chat and have tea with you two, our reservation is awaiting." Liam opened the door and stepped onto the crack stone steps.

I was lost as he left without giving me my child- "Mr Bunny! I forgot something." Adeline forced her way out of Liam's hold onto her tiny feet, and took off passed me into the house. She came back jolly as ever holding her bunny tightly by one of its arms.

Closing the front door, I locked it and looked at Liam who was in my way holding his arm out. I contemplated shaking my head, but he gave me that look from earlier today in his office- the one to follow his order.

We transferred Adeline booster seat from mine to Liam's car, and he strapped her in after opening and closing the door for me. I put on the seat belt and set my purse on my lap. Liam got in and bought the black car alive.

The next fifteen minutes it was silent inside the car, apart from Adeline playing with her stuffed animal. I looked out my window, and saw that the night just began. The street was flashing by so fast like a complete blur.

My head turned to study Liam, his tousled hair and his face stucture were the definition of a Greek. I just was too scared to ask such a inappropriate question.

"Like what you see?" He asked with a hint of a smile. My eyes automatically turned alarmed. I opened my mouth to say something- "I know you want to ask something."

"Yeah, I was going to ask- wait- how do you know I wanted to ask something."

He turned to me with a raised eyebrow unassumed, "I may be behind the wheels, but I felt you burning a hole on my face." And he went back to driving. There was a trace of smile still on his face.

Liam pulled the car into the entrance of a magnificent restaurant, with glass window, and I could already see the chandelier's from inside the car. The car came to a stop, and Liam got out and came to open my door, giving me a hand to step out.