THREE | return home

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄.
RETURN HOME

𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 was all that could be found between the Condos siblings, not that much else was to be expected. Juniper allowed Dorian to lead the way through the base in Cheyenne Mountain, mere hours away from her current residence in Almeda. She and Daniel, both aware of the other's involvement in the project, decided it would be easier if the people hiring them were unaware of their knowledge.

"You know, you can say something," Dorian commented, hating the silence almost as much as Juniper did. But she continued in her refusal to speak. Though she knew it would only serve to irritate her brother further, she knew that if she started talking, she wouldn't be able to stop and it would certainly result in a true shouting match between them. Especially given their current location.

Stepping off the elevator and deeper into the belly of the beast, Juniper shook her head as voices made unwelcome appearances. The brunette received a series of strange looks from everyone they passed. She assumed it was because of her lack of any sort of military identification, but it also could've been because of how confused and lost she appeared what with her constant surveying of the area and random, spastic shaking of her head.

Baby Girl, we've got to hurry.

Another spastic movement, this one more desperate than the last, knowing that the voices would only grow more persistent.

    We'll call her Juniper. Our little lioness.

Tears pricked at her sight, but she shoved them away. It was only then that she noticed Dorian looking back at her. Still, she continued to ignore his concern and pressed forward. She was lead to what she assumed would be her quarters while she remained on site.

"Given that this looks like a more lively version of your room when we were kids, I feel like it's safe to assume that I'll be sleeping here when I'm not needed," Juniper voiced, barely sparing Dorian a glance as she entered the space. It wasn't necessarily small, but she couldn't help smiling at the realization that her apartment bedroom was definitely larger.

The room was rather plain, not a lick of color other than a bland beige with muted green undertones. There was a queen bed pushed against the wall to the right of the door, two side tables occupying the space nearby. She noticed an empty desk positioned to the left of the door, this being made of metal rather than wood, like the one she left behind.

The only thing that surprised her was the bookshelf directly parallel to the door. On it were some tattered versions of books her parents read to her every night as a child. Most notably, they were stories that she had only begun to read after their passing. Dorian must've kept an eye on her, from a distance, of course.