Phase One

Dylan's Perspective

I watched Cassandra train with Emily and I couldn't help but laugh at her. She was a 17 year old being trained by a 10 year old. Emily was one of the best fighters so I knew that Cassandra was in good hands. I was brought back to reality when Annabella and Adonis came into my office singing.

"I love Cassy...Cassy loves me... lets get together and kill Cassy... with a great big knife lets stab her in the back... I can't wait to hear her scream," Annabella whispered to Adonis. Adonis giggled, and they started singing it again. I turned around in shock hearing the song.

"Annabella, Adonis, where did you hear that? Did you make that up?"

"No, Annabella said that Cassandra was singing it in her sleep last night," Adonis defended. These children were so impressionable.

That song must've been the reason she was screaming and why she didn't want to sleep alone.

"Dylan, honey, someone's at the door for you and your dad," my mom said with a small smile peeking into the room.

"Ok I'll be right down," I said walking out of the office leaving Adonis and Annabella alone.

I made my way to the living room and was greeted by a man that said his name was Robert.

"Hello, I'm Dylan," I introduced blandly. My dad invited him in and he awkwardly made his way to the sofa.

"What's your reason for visiting today," my dad asked intelligently.

"Well first off, I'm Robert Anderson and I'm a pack doctor for another pack. It's about Cassandra Moonshine," Robert said. I instantly tensed after hearing her name. What does he want with my mate? My dad glanced at me and I fought harder to keep my composure in front of my dad.

"What is the problem?" I asked too harshly.

"Well I heard that Cassandra is a rare type of werewolf. She's a Skywolf, and me and my team wanted to do some tests on Cassandra."

"Hell no!" I yelled shooting up from the sofa, "You're not gonna take her just so she can be your stupid test subject! I just found her and I'm keeping her!"

"Dyl-" my dad yelled but was interrupted by Cassandra. My dad growled at me letting me know that I was in big trouble when Robert left.

"Dylan," she whispered eyeing Robert suspiciously.

"Yes."

"Umm can I talk to you," she mumbled again.

"Sure," I said. I walked over to her and followed get into the kitchen.

Cassandra's Perspective
After my practice with Emily, I decided to go get something to drink and take a bath.

"You did great today," Emily smiled hugging my waist.

"Thank you, little Emily," I smiled returning a hug. I strolled confidently into the house and passed Kalea and Elliot having an intense make out session. I was instantly jealous. I would never be able to get intimate without thinking of Robert.

I walked pass silently and heard Dylan yelling. I stopped in the door way when I saw the devil sitting on the sofa: Robert.

My heart was beating a million times per second. Fear, anger, sadness, hopelessness, and so many other emotions ran through my veins.

"Dylan," I whispered.

"Yes."

"Ummm can I talk to you," I whispered. I was scared and I needed him to hold me, kiss me, tell me it was gonna be okay. He followed closely behind me into the kitchen.

"What's-" Before he could finish, I threw myself into him, folding myself into him. He was taken back a little but responded immediately.

"That's the man," I cried into his shirt.

"What man?"

"That's my step dad, the man that abused me. Please don't make me go with him," I begged.

"I won't," he kissed my forehead, " let's go back in the living room."

I nodded and walked slowly into the living room where Dylan's dad was sitting on the sofa. Robert was gone and he looked deep into his thoughts.

"Dylan, keep Cassandra and Annabella somewhere safe, we have a problem."

Robert's Perspective

I walked out of their house confidently without looking back. I took out my phone and dialed my partner's number.

"Hey, phase one of the plan is done. Get Sandra and get ready for phase two of the plan."

"Ok, dad."

I hang up the phone and jogged towards my car starting it up and screeching off down the street.