Never in Existence

"Cassandra, we won't hurt you, we're werewolves too," Kalea chuckled caressing my arm softly.

"Really?" I asked, relaxing as her hand calmed me. Such a foreign feeling. I remembered the last time I felt safe with my mom. She would caress my arm when I was in fear or sadness.

I was 11 years old and my mom was pregnant with Annabella. I was in fear that I would be forgotten forever after the baby came. I was definitely spoiled with attention at that age. She would kneel beside me and caress both of my arms. "Nothing will change how much I love you. Who knows... This baby may be the best addition to your life," she would whisper. My mom was right about that. Annabella turned out to be the best gift ever.

But now, I was deprived of the attention that I had when I was younger. It wasn't because of Annabella. It was because of Robert.

"Yes, you noticed the mark on my neck," she said before moving her perfect ponytail out of her way revealing the mark. It had to be recent. The puncture holes weren't healed, and her skin surrounding it was a burning red. It looked painful.

"That's so amazing," Dylan smiled relieved handing me the breakfast plate.

"Now, we don't have to explain to you that we're werewolves and deal with your "omg werewolves and then pass out" phase," Kalea laughed. I forced a laugh that didn't sound uncomfortable.

"I gotta go tell mom and dad that there's nothing to worry about," Kalea informed running out of the room. "I'm she they'll be as relieved as I am."

I looked down at the plate of delicious food as Kalea shut the door behind her. I didn't really want the food honestly, but I ate just so I didn't pass out again. This throbbing headache was no help either. I took a few fork fulls of food into my mouth before dropping the fork.

I had suddenly lost my appetite.

I didn't eat much of the food before Robert's voice was ringing in my head. Robert always told me that I shouldn't eat so much. He didn't give me much of a reason but I just assumed that I was incredibly fat and the way I ate was probably very sloppy. I had actually gotten used to the small portions of food I ate.

But the thought of looking fat and sloppy in front of my mate made me want to just leave the food alone all together.

When I noticed Dylan staring at me eating, I pushed the tray away along withthe thoughts of Robert out of my head. I was embarrassed. I bet he thought I looked like a pig when I ate food. I lowered my head and avoided looking into his eyes. I had the sudden urge to cry.

"No, eat. I like watching you eat," he smirked. I furrowed my eyebrows in perplexity. I pretending to scratch my nose as I wiped the tears that pushed pass its restraints.

"Why?" I muttered in confusion.

"Because I can."

"It's weird to watch people eat, you know that..."

He examined me like I was a beautiful jewel of some sort. It honestly made me blush uncontrollably.

"I'm not hungry," I lied pushing the food away.

"Yes you are, the doctor said you have a lack of nutrients in your body so eat," he demanded. His alpha tone filled me with unwanted fear. When I didn't start eating like he ordered, he picked up the fork and piled grits onto it.

"Since you refuse to eat it, I'm gonna feed it to you," he demanded, "open your mouth."

Without hesitation, I opened my mouth. Robert would've possibly yelled at me if I refused to do what he said. Dylan just stuffed the fork in my mouth.