Punishing Page 1: Depressive State of Matter

WARNING!!! THIS CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE! IF YOU HAVE THESE THOUGHTS DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER!!!

It's been six years since that day. The day you were taken from my arms. Changed to go into the dark, cruel hand that took you. Now I'm having these thoughts clouding my mind. Can I just see you one last time before I go??? Guess that's a no.

I grab the written paper and fold it up into my pocket. I'm on a ship going to Babylonia to meet this "Gray Raven" I was training to command for six years for. I guess it isn't the worst decision that I've made. Still though, why did it take six years for me to train for this team? I guess I can't question it now since I'm here. I feel the ship stop, telling me that it's time to go.

Me: Let's get this over with.

I grab my blade and snap it on my hip as I began to walk out. When I did I was greeted by the Sergeant again.

Hassan: Atom, it's good to see you.

Me: Likewise old man.

Hassan: You will report to the briefing room to meet your team and first mission at 0600 hours. Don't be late.

He starts to walk off.

Me: Great! Not that I be put in charge of this team, but I have to have a mission barely knowing them!?

This is getting more and more exciting by the moment. Anyways I start to walk along Babylonia to make the time go faster. It was a decently sized ship. As I was walking a girl in red and black came up to me.

???: Hello, are you new here?

Me: I just got here about a half an hour ago.

She looks at the band on my arm.

???: You must be our new commandant.

Me: I'm guessing your apart of the Gray Raven squad?

???: I am, my name is Lucia.

Me: I'm Atom, your new commandant at your service.

I said as she smiled a bit. I took a glance on my watch.

Me: We should head to the debriefing room. The meeting starts in twenty.

She nods as we walk down the corridors to a new room. It had a holographic map of Earth on it with some red blinking lights with a caution mark next to it.

Me: That's convenient.

The doors open as Hassan came out with two other people. The two are probably the other members of Gray Raven.

Hassan: You're early Atom, Lucia.

Me: It's how I am.

Hassan: Anyways, Gray Raven! Meet your new commandant.

Lee: Hello Commandant I am Lee.

Liv: I'm Liv! If you need healing just come to me!

Me: Hello Gray Raven, my name's Atom, your new commandant. I hope we can all get along.

They nod as Hassan begins debriefing us.

After the intel for the mission we got to do, I'm beginning to think this was a mistake.

Me: This maniac wants us to take out not 1, but 200 corrupted plus their leader!

I say as I grab my head.

Me: Why do I even try.

I come out of my room with my battle-ware on plus an earpiece to here the constructs. I am greeted by my team.

Lee: What are your orders Commander?

Me: First we need to get to the landing zone and scope out the area to see what we're working with.

They nod as we begin to head to the zone.

I... Fucking.... Hate that. We basically missile launched into the Earth.

Me: Ugh, I hope we don't do that every time.

I said as I began to throw up my lunch. Lee walks over and pats my back.

Lee: You get used to it.

After I finished up, we started scanning areas for any corrupted or ascendents near-by. By scanner wasn't picking up anything.

Me: My scanners aren't detecting anything.

Liv: Sergeant did say their were a lot of corrupted here.

Me: I can't believe this.

We continued to search until-

Me: I got a lock!

I said as I got in my stance. We looked at the massive swarm of corrupted.

Lucia: What are your orders Commandant?

Me: Lee, go with Liv and rain fire from above! Lucia, on me!

Me, Lucia, Liv and Lee started to take down the corrupted. I started to use some of my new found skills by training. I put my main blade away and summoned a sword in my hand. It was a blue-translucent sword that can cut through anything like butter. I did a 360 turn with my blade in one hand, slicing the surrounding corrupted in half. After that, I threw the blade into the crowd as it exploded, destroying many corrupted in its radius. Lucia then started moving quickly around the corrupted before jumping up and throwing down a bullet-hell of swords down on the machines. Liv and Lee were frying a lot of the machines that they saw. I then noticed there wasn't many corrupted left.

Me: Regroup and get behind me!

The instantly did so as I charged my main attack.

Me: Die in the pits of Hell!

I teleported around the group of corrupted cutting through reality like glass. I then kneeled when I landed and slowly sheathed my blade. The glass shattered and the machines fell of my blade and sheathe clinked together. The three looked at me in amazement.

Lee: How did you cut through reality?

Me: Questions for a later time. Let's get out of here, mission complete!

The picked us up as we began going back to Babylonia. My eyes were shut as I began thinking about Alpha and our good times.

Alpha: C'mon baby, we can't keep doing this.

She said as she giggled at me.

Me: But honey if we don't get the popcorn machine working, how will our date be perfect?

I said as I finally kicked the machine as it turned on.

Me: See? Told you I would do it.

She rolled her eyes as we got our popcorn and proceed to watch our movie. It was a good movie, about how humans went to the center of the Earth. Alpha was holding my arm whilst having her head on my shoulder.

Me: That was a good movie.

Alpha: It was interesting to say the least.

I looked at her as I saw her eyes fluttering up and down. I started to pet her hair as she finally closed her eyes. I chuckled at the sight and laid down with her.

Me: If only you were still here.