CHAPTER EIGHTY TWO

Start from the beginning

Daisy felt herself wanting to crawl in a hole and hide, she knew she looked horrible. On top of the hospital gown, men's coat and boots combo- she was under slept and tear stained. The lingering stares from the pretty women in little black dresses didn't help.

Kai walked over to the front desk, pulling Daisy along who was still in hand. The man watched them as they approached, a hesitant look on his face. "Can I help you?" He asked, Daisy could hear the distaste in his voice. She swallowed harshly, looking around at the expensive lobby.

Kai inhaled deeply. "We'd like a room." He says. "A suite. Your nicest one." He corrects.

Daisy turns around to catch the guys expression, his eyes were raised as he examined the people across the desk. He forced a smile. "Our Empire suite is available, but it is nine hundred and forty per night." He speaks.

"Not a problem." Kai sighs happily. "We'll take it." He says, Daisy looks at him confusedly.

The concierge glances at Daisy, then back to Kai hesitantly. "Okay." He forces another smile, he holds out his hand, assumedly for a credit card or payment of some sort. "I'll get that booked for you."

Kai nodded happily, reaching into his pocket and pulling out his wallet. He hums as went through the minimal items it held. Daisy turned back to the concierge returning an equally as fake smile as he waited for Kai.

"Phantamogriphia decorum." Kai mumbled, before pulling out a few dollar bills- and handing them to the guy. "There's a thousand. Keep the change." He smiled.

Daisy had a mix of confusion and intrigue on her face as she watched the man accept it, no suspicion or hesitation on his face. Kai kept a steady eye contact with the man as he accepted the money and put it in the register, before typing a few things in the computer.

"What's your name, sir?" The concierge asks.

Kai sighs frustratedly, before leaning forward towards him. "Just get us the damn key." He says quietly.

Daisy felt the brush of magic sweep past her, then watched as the guy unknowingly reached below the desk and grab the right key. Handing it to them with a dead look in his eyes. "Enjoy your stay." He said, before Kai grabbed it from him.

"Thank you so much." Kai smiled, before turning around and sighing happily.

He pulled Daisy along towards the elevator, passed the nosy onlookers who not so subtly watched them walk on. Daisy got a little too tired of their stares, and flipped them off angrily as Kai pulled her onto the elevator.

"Daisy," Kai laughed, pulling her hand down as the elevator door closed.

She first examined the elevator, which was made entirely of marble with gold decals, then turned to him. "How did you-" she shook her head confusedly.

Kai shrugged. "I don't know." He smiled. "There's so many spells I didn't even know existed and now-" he thought for a few seconds. "And now I have them all perfected." He narrowed his eyebrows, in disbelief himself.

Daisy smiled, opening her mouth to ask a question- but stopped when the elevator doors opened. Kai walked out first, Daisy watched as he flexed his fingers at his side, feeling out his new magic. She'd be lying if she said that the sudden increase in power didn't turn her on a little.