Iruma's Story & A Talk With Sullivan

Start from the beginning

Iruma POV

Thinking about it, I've never really shared this much about myself with anyone before. Any time I've shared my feelings with people in the past, they acted like they didn't care and pushed to end the conversation. Rimuru sat and listened patiently while I poured my heart out to him! Also, when I talked about my parents, he seemed genuinely upset about how they had mistreated me. Despite how scary he can be, Rimuru seems to be a nice person who cares about others.

I've never had a real friend before, but I hope I can become friends with Rimuru.

Looking like he's about to say something to me, Rimuru opens his mouth but pauses. Instead of responding to the story I just shared with him he says something I didn't expect. "Hey ki-...um, I mean Iruma, I need to go downstairs and, um, 'deal with something'. You should stay up here; things might get a bit...uh...'loud'." He grumbles, sounding annoyed. I'm about to ask him what he means by that, but the spot on my bed where he was sitting just a moment ago is empty. Rimuru was gone in the blink of an eye, literally. I blinked and he was just...gone. I'm left with a look of shock on my face, surprised that my guest just vanished into thin air right before my eyes.

Geez, Rimuru can do some insane stuff! I think, feeling surprised, but not as much as I did about the stuff that happened earlier. I think I'm already starting to get used to Rimuru's personal brand of 'crazy'. Also, what the heck does he mean by 'loud'? I thought to myself, concerned about what this 'something' happening downstairs could be.

Rimuru POV

I arrive downstairs to find sparks flying between Diablo and Sullivan; clearly, both of them are quite agitated. Diablo is spouting off one of his typical, lengthy anecdotes; trying to argue that I'm 'more adorable' than Iruma while Sullivan is advocating for the opposite. Both demons are ranting incessantly, talking over each other and not even listening to the other's words at all.

"Diablo! Calm down and shut up this instant! That is an order!" I yell at an inhumanly loud volume, my voice completely overtaking both of theirs. I'm happy I asked Iruma to stay upstairs because he probably would have gone deaf if he was standing next to me just then. Both demons turn to look at me, startled by my sudden interruption.

"What the hell do you think you are doing, getting into an argument with our host!?" I ask, angrily.

"I just wanted to convince Sullivan that you are more adorable..."

"You will never convince me that my precious little Iruma isn't the most adorable!" Sullivan interjects.

"No! You are mistaken, Sullivan! My wonderful Lord Rimuru's appearance clearly outclasses that boy Iruma's!" Diablo insists.

I swear Diablo can be so embarrassing sometimes! I kinda thought that this might happen since I knew his motivation for coming here, but I didn't think he would get this heated about it!

"Stop, you two! Please!" I yell, putting an end to that nonsense before they started going at it again. After a moment of silence, I decide to go with the plan I concocted, although I really don't like it.

"Since we are completely different species, it's unfair to compare me and Iruma; so how 'bout we come to a compromise? Sullivan, Iruma can be considered the most adorable human, and Diablo...*sigh*...I can be considered...the most adorable slime." I say, ending the statement in a quiet voice, the humiliating words being hard to force out. I can feel my face turn red with embarrassment.

I just want to crawl in a hole and never leave it!

"Does that work for you both?" I ask, praying the mortifying experience I just went through wasn't for nothing.