See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil

ابدأ من البداية

"Who said I'm taking it to go?"

Baekhyun grabbed the same candy bar Yixing ordered every time and slapped it into his hand. "Are you trying to get me in trouble?"

"Don't worry. We won't get in trouble if we don't get caught."

Baekhyun couldn't help but smile as he made his way behind the counter again to continue wrapping chocolates. "You must enjoy coming here looking to mess with me."

"I'm only here for some sugar." He leaned his elbows onto the counter, inching closer to Baekhyun's face.

"That'll be fifty cents."

"Here's a dollar."

Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun snatched the piece of paper waving in his face and stuck it in the cash register. "You got your sugar. Now, go away. I'll see you at home."

"Can I get one kiss first?" He whispered, his face mere centimeters away from Baekhyun's.

"Don't tempt me."

"We can make it quick." He went in to close the distance, but Baekhyun put his hand up to his mouth.

"At home. If you're lucky."

The back door swung open, causing both of them to jump back, getting as far away from each other as possible. The owner walked out with a box of candies, dropping the package beside Baekhyun's workspace.

"I'm gonna need you to restock. Things are going fast."

"Yes sir." He grabbed the box and brushed past Yixing, walking down the aisle to get to work.

Yixing grabbed his candy bar and left a couple more dollars on the counter. "Thanks for the candy, boys. Happy Hallow's Eve."

👻👻👻

They came home at the same time that day. Baekhyun rode his bike from Delight Candy and Yixing drove his fancy sports car from the office building. When he pulled into the driveway, Baekhyun stopped at the front steps and kicked the kickstand into place. Yixing walked up behind him with his keys in hand, peering over his shoulder to see the neighborhood kids out playing and the wives sitting on their porches. Their husbands were returning from work as well. Everyone was out and about.

"Hey, bud." He said casually, reaching to shake Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun didn't return the greeting, hyper fixated on the neighbors minding their own business. He felt their eyes boring through him, even when they weren't looking.

"Mr. Zhang! Mr. Byun!"

They both turned towards the voice shouting for them. A little boy with a bicycle helmet ran onto their lawn with two kids of the same age trailing behind him; a boy with big glasses and a girl who always wore her hair in pigtails.

"Hey, Minseok. How can we help you?" Yixing crouched down to be level with him.

"We were wondering if you brought any candy home today, Mr. Byun."

Baekhyun glanced past Minseok's head to see his father watching them from their neighboring lawn. He waved and smiled with sincerity, yet Baekhyun's gut twisted painfully. He hated when they stared at him.

"Baek?"

His eyes snapped down to see Minseok and Yixing looking at him, waiting for a response.

"Oh, um...I forgot to bring some today. Sorry kiddos."

"You'll have some for Halloween tomorrow, won't you?" The little girl asked.

"Of course, Joohyun. I've already got an entire stash ready. I've been saving it specifically for Halloween."