The Evidence Is On The Walls...No, Seriously

Chanyeol woke up early Saturday morning to work on his history project. Yes, he still had the bloody remnants of a crime scene hidden away in the guest room, but Baekhyun wouldn't leave long enough to let him deal with it. As long as that phantom was roaming the halls, he couldn't lay a finger on that box.

If he had to put their very alarming revelation aside, at least he would use that time wisely to start on his project. After turning in his essay, the next step was to create a presentation that would be displayed for the entire class. That included a slideshow, pictures, and a little speech to go along with it.

Chanyeol tried throwing something together about gay rights, but the sound of drills and hammers from downstairs made it hard to concentrate. Not to mention, Baekhyun kept flying around his room and messing with his speaker, blaring his music so loud it rattled the walls.

Chanyeol would've gone into the guest room for some peace, but he didn't need Baekhyun following him in and discovering the box Kyungsoo uncovered.The noise never died down, so he threw his laptop aside and stormed downstairs.

"Hey, Chanyeol." His father greeted while hammering a nail into a wooden board. "Here to help us set up?"

"Set up what?" He looked around, squinting at the strange contraption his parents set up along the stairs.

"The haunted house. Your mother and I wanted to go above and beyond what we usually do, so we're putting together a very elaborate attraction."

"This house is already haunted. Do we really need more?"

"Of course!" His mother shouted, crawling out from under the stairs with a hammer. "Having a ghost is nice and all, but we need something that'll really catch the attention of the neighbors. Everyone's going to visit our house once they see all of this."

"Why don't you grab some tools and help us out?"

He didn't want to work on the house, but he also didn't want to even look at that stupid project, and anything was better than sitting in a room with Baekhyun causing so much ruckus. Reluctantly, he grabbed the box of plastic skeletons and began setting them up around the place.

It turned out to be rather relaxing. His ghostly troubles slipped his mind for a while and he nearly forgot about the box in the guest room. He almost considered it fun, until that stupid, goddamn, little rat phased through the wall to sit on the stair railing and bother him again.

"What are we up to today?" He asked with that big, stupid smile on his punchable face as if he didn't try and stab Chanyeol's eye out the night before.

"Setting up a haunted house attraction."

"Ooh, how fancy. Can I be part of the attraction?"

Chanyeol glanced up from the tangle of spiderwebs he tried sorting through. "You mean you want to help?"

"Sure. I don't have anything better to do, so I might as well do what any ghost does and haunt this house. I can make it so much more exciting."

Chanyeol grimaced at the growing smile on his face. "Please don't go overboard. I don't need you destroying my entire house."

"You mean my house?"

"Whatever. Go float around somewhere else. I'll let you know when we're done."

👻👻👻

It didn't take too long to get the house set up for day two of Spookfest when they worked together. By nightfall, Mr. and Mrs. Park finished making the house unrecognizable and Chanyeol put up all the decorations. All that was left was plugging in the automated jump scares, then they'd be good to go for the people approaching their house.