Chapter 1

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

Note: Pirates ruled during 1500s - 1830s. They were the most successful during 1660s - 1730s. Meaning the story will be roughly based around them.

Fun Fact: A London coachbuilder, Lionel Lukin, paved the way for the first purpose-built lifeboat when he designed the world's first unsinkable boat and patented it on 2 November 1785. Although a coachbuilder, Lukin was interested in improving the safety of boats. 

Fun Fact 2: A little boat that runs back and forth to a bigger boat (or ship) is called a tender—because it tends to the needs of the larger craft. Moderately sized recreational boats call their tenders dinghies.

Fun Fact 3: 1854: First lifejackets. RNLI Inspector, Captain Ward, broke new ground in lifesaving in 1854 with his invention of the cork lifejacket.

****************************************

She and her older brother was born with a secret, one her parents had made them keep more secretive than anything else in their lives. A secret that could change the world, for the better or for the worse. 

As much as she knew her parents had loved both their children, they taught them that death was better than letting anyone ever take hold of them. A heavy burden for a mere child to carry but as time moved on, that's all they knew. 

She had an ten year gap between her and her brother. Her parents seemed to travel around the world rather often and would only be home a few weeks at a time before one of them or both of them would go travelling again. When her brother was still rather young, her parents took turn travelling while the other stayed at home. Swapping who got to travel each and every time they returned before they both started travelling together once more and leaving my brother in the care of our neighbour, the small town chief, Mitch Iverson. 

Than, she was born and for the first few years they took turns in travelling once more. One staying home while the other travelled before they'd return and all of them spend a couple weeks as a family. But afterwards, her parents would be gone for months travelling for some unknown reason. 

Her brother being much older and already in schooling while helping to look after her wasn't sure over their parents work. Apparently it was important and could be world changing. But all he really knew that his parents would hide their notebooks they've written while travelling in the garden. Under his mother rose bushes and he wasn't ever allowed to dig them up, not even in their deaths. 

So, her brother simply focused on his school and trying to gain enough skills that he'd be able to travel with his parents. To learn by them and see the world, to see it all just like his parents did for a living. For her, she simply wanted to know the unknown. She always begged her parents to tell their stories 

And when she stood at the age of her five, her brother being fifteen he finally got his wish. Her brother would be going travelling with both their parents for the next year. He almost stood as a man for the time period and he was ready to start his own life, to go out on his own. Both their parents knowing he was old enough to learn all their secrets and the reasoning over their travelling. 

She waited patiently, knowing the year would be long and was stuck being cared for by their neighbour alone. She was allowed to stay in her own home, sleeping in her own bed but would be told to come to his once it was time for their meals. She would eat with him and study a little with his help before doing the rest of her reading or studying at home.