The weight of the war and near constant fear of losing someone he cared about had been taking a toll on Arthur. So when he woke up before her and found them in that position he allowed himself to be selfish and remained, even going as far as asking her to stay when she woke up.

"I see, so that's why you're so grumpy," Arthur leaned in, getting his face closer to level with hers. "You aren't getting enough sleep young lady."

"Don't change the subject," Ellie replied as she punched him in the shoulder.

"I'm not. You clearly woke up too early," Arthur straightened back up. "You're thirteen years old now, you need to be responsible for yourself. At least enough to make sure you get enough sleep."

"Why's that?" Ellie asked with an annoyed tone.

"Incoming from Kalberk City," announced one of the guards manning the teleportation gate.

"Perfect timing," Arthur thought out loud and took a few steps closer to the gate. "Now Ellie, be on your best behavior."

"Why? Who is it?" Ellie asked as she followed him.

"You'll see."

After a few more seconds a man exited the gate. He was a tall man with a head full of grey, and looked like he was well past his prime. He was wearing glasses and a dark green suit that resembled a military uniform, with gold bars on his shoulders. There was an ornamental looking saber secured to his left side with a cane in his left hand.

"Headmaster McGrath, welcome to the floating castle," Arthur greeted.

"Thank you General, it's a pleasure to be here," he replied as he bowed slightly.

"Headmaster?" Ellie questioned as she looked to her brother with a suspicious expression.

"That's right, he's the headmaster at the Lancer Academy," Arthur replied with a smug smirk.

Over the last few months Ellie, along with her tutor, had made her desire to attend one of the academies crystal clear to Arthur. He had personally wanted to keep Ellie in the castle where it was safe, but the loneliness she felt was obvious. So over the last month Arthur discussed the matter with his parents, via the communication scroll he left with them, and researched for the best school away from the front lines. With the closing of Xyrus Academy, the Lancer Academy regained its title as the prominent mage academy on the continent. But it also had other selling points as well, such as also being a military academy which meant not only that the security would be higher, but there would also be plenty of soldiers there that could act as guards for Ellie. The next was its location, Kalberk City, where their parent's convoy would come to pick up supplies before returning to The Wall, giving them a chance to see each other from time to time.

"So you must be Miss Eleanor," the headmaster commented as he walked up to her. "It's a pleasure to meet you young lady. I'm here today to evaluate you for the possibility of being admitted to my school."

"Thank you headmaster, I hope that my skill will be worth your time," Ellie replied with a curtsy, as she contained her excitement, knowing this was all Arthur's doing.

"Well," the headmaster walked past Ellie and Arthur, and stopped right in front of Boo. "If you're planning on entering into the beast rider curriculum it'll definitely improve your odds," he said as he looked Boo over. "This truly is a magnificent mana beast you have here. Do you know it's rank?"

"We don't, but he bonded with my sister when he was only a cub," Arthur answered.

"So a minimum A rank, but probably S," the headmaster thought out loud.