2) A Name To The Face

Comenzar desde el principio

Bayo didn't mind him and went to drag Chinedu up from the bench. He pulled him closer to the shaded tables scattered strategically all over the left side of the field for patients who needed fresh air to sit. They sat in one of the tables to stare at the girls. "Who is she?" He pointed at the same girl from last week that made his heart race uncontrollably.

"Her?" Chinedu frowned as Tim came to take a seat beside them. "I don't know. I haven't noticed her before."

"Oh, Pat?"

Bayo immediately turned to Tim. "You know her?"

"No, not really. She's always been quiet in classes ever since she transferred to AAU two years ago."

"Two years ago? That's when we were in 400lvl. I thought they didn't accept transfers in Medicine and Surgery?"

Tim laughed. "They do. It's just really expensive and stressful to do. Plus, she was the best student in her state. She's on scholarship. Whenever results are posted, her name is usually the first on the list."

Bayo stared at the girl laughing beside the food devourer. She had a beautiful eye smile and lovely set of straight white teeth. What confused him though was her eye colour. Wasn't it bright amber? "Tim, what's her eye colour?"

Tim and Chinedu both gave their friend a confused frown. "What...wait, why are you even asking that?"

Bayo shrugged. "Just curious."

Chinedu lifted his bushy eyebrows in disbelief. "You...are curious about someone that isn't me and Tim? And a girl for that matter?"

"Thank God o." Tim shouted, lifting his hands up. "Finally. Ah ah. Since 100lvl you've never had a girlfriend or had interest in any girl. I was starting to think you were gay."

"If I slap you, Rotimi."

Chinedu snorted. "Wahala. Baba don call your name. Na so you like the girl?"

"Bros-"

"Chin Chin can find out about her for you if you want o." Tim clapped Chinedu's chest.

The fair dude slapped Tim's hand away from his chest and tried to soothe the pain from the hit. "Why me?"

"Because Flora has been interested in you from day one. Sophia says she created a group chat with some other girls in our level and below just to fangirl over your skin and blue eyes. My guy, you are popular o and you come be asexual." Tim hardly dodged the hard knock Chinedu sent his way. "Guy-"

"Talk am again. If I nor break your head, let me know why."

"Oga, calm down na. Nor vex."

"Nor dey use those kind things play. Which one na asexual again? What part of no girl in this school is serious about life do you not understand? I'm not like you who follows anything that has big breast and nyash."

Bayo held Tim's shoulder before he could stand up. "Okay, first of all, you shouldn't generalize like that. Just say the girls you've met aren't serious about life from your point of view. Also, it wasn't nice attacking Tim's preferences like that. If he likes big boobs and fat asses, how e take concern you? We know sey na girl go kill am for this life so no need to talk."
Chinedu and Bayo snorted at the immediate death glare Tim gave Bayo. 

"Come, which kind talk be that na? Wetin come bring that kind thing ehn, Bayo?" As if the universe wanted to prove them right, Tim's phone rang in that moment. From the customized ringtone, they all knew who it was. "Sexy mama, how's it going? How's my baby doing na?"

Bayo had to bite his finger so he wouldn't laugh. Chinedu's face was red from trying to hold his laugh until he gave up and decided to laugh silently.

"Okay, boo. I love you. Mwah."

Immediately the phone line went off, the two boys let out exaggerated boisterous laughters that instantly got Tim annoyed. "What? Why una dey laugh like two terrible witches na? Wetin con funny?"

"And you say nor be girl go kill you." Bayo slapped Tim's shoulder as the boy hissed.

"Bayo. You wey don like girl now, unkor?"

"Ah, Chinedu. Whose side are you on?"

Tim leaned on the table and started operating his phone. "Nor mind am. He nor loyal."

"Rotimi, you wey I dey support?"

"I send you message? Abeg, make una nor dey call my full name. You think e easy to answer Rotimi? You call my name, you pay 5k."

Chinedu hissed. "Because sey na you be Glo network. Shift."

"It's brown. Caramel brown."

Tim and Chinedu slowly turned to stare at Bayo's fascinated expression. 

"She must have been wearing contact lenses that day."

Tim slowly leaned closer to Bayo. "Bayo. Talk true. Na this girl make you run like mad man last week wey we nor con see you again all through that day?"

"Hmm." Bayo absentmindedly hummed, chin on his hand, a stupid smile on his face as he watched the girl...Pat walk away with her friend.

"Damn. He's out of it," Tim whispered. 

All Chinedu could do was nod in shock. This was a guy they were starting to think would never be capable of loving someone romantically because of how practical he could be when it came to feelings, but here he was, staring at a girl he didn't even know like a lovesick puppy.

"Pat fine shey?" Tim smirked when Bayo nodded. "So you wan knack am abi?"

"Hmm." Bayo's smile immediately turned into a frown when he realized what his friend had said. "Guy, you be fool." Ignoring Chinedu and Tim's laughter, he stood up. "Tim, you need deliverance." He didn't stay to listen to whatever vulgar reply the boy would give. Sometimes he even wondered why he kept such an unruly friend. The only thing good that came out of having Tim as a friend was having a name to the face that made his heart race. 

"Pat." He smiled to himself, hands in his pocket as he walked towards his duty post in the ER. "Could it be short for Patricia?" He pondered absently, not noticing his fellow student trying to get his attention.

The boy shook his head at Bayo's back. "Na waa o. Wahala for who nor get love interest o."

A/N: What do we think about this chapter? It's been a while since I wrote so I feel it's....eh

As for my updating schedule, I'll be updating on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays. So you can expect another chapter on Friday this week.🙃🙃

Some Pidgin terms used

Pikin - child

one chance - a situation one can't get out of (usually trouble)

Wahala - trouble

don : wherever you see this word it is used to express "has". For example, "she don come o". That means "she has come o"

nyash - This refers to someone's butt.

knack - this could mean many things really depending on how you use it, but in this context "you wan knack am abi?" It's a crude way of asking if he wants to sleep with the girl.