𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐭?- (𝟖)

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"I just don't get it."

Omniscient

"Baby come on, stop!" Dayvon squealed, playfully shoving the other male away. He smiled.

"Damn, why you gotta ruin my fun?" He questioned before attacking Dayvon's neck with soft kisses. The pair were soon interrupted by knocking on their front door.

"I'll get it." Dayvon announced as he went to answer the door. "Oh, hey Taymor." He grinned as he was greeted with the sight of his best friend.

"Hey." Taymor replied gloomily. "Ion wanna bother you but can we talk? I really need your advice." Dayvon nodded while letting Taymor inside.

"It's about Kentrell again, ain't it?"

"Yeah." Taymor mumbled. "I tried to tell him that I didn't wanna be with him anymore but I fucked that up."

"Well, what happened?" Dayvon asked, plopping down on the couch. Taymor sighed.

"I was gonna tell him then I started to feel like shit. He explained. "I didn't wanna hurt him and when I told him that, he said it was okay and he wasn't gonna be mad forever. He just didn't want me to hide things from him."

"I get it and it's okay." Dayvon replied understandingly. "It's not easy to tell someone that you no longer wanna be with them. I get that you're not ready now but I feel like it would be best if you told him soon. I feel like waiting will only make it worse." Taymor shook his head in agreement but it was far easier said than done. As much as he wanted to tell Kentrell, he couldn't. Taymor was afraid of his reaction.

"I know but like how would I do that? I already fucked up enough and I still feel like I need to make it up to him. The last thing I need is to fuck up even more."

"I think you should start there, try to patch things up with him so y'all don't break up on bad terms." Dayvon suggested, motioning for Taymor to sit next to him.

"How? I don't feel like sorry would be enough." Taymor replied as he sat beside Dayvon.

"Like I said a while ago, show him that you appreciate him and then apologize." Dayvon mentioned. "But don't think that by doing allat, he gone forgive you. If you really want him to know you're sorry, you gotta show him that you're willing to change and not do the same shit."

"But I know I can't. Lying is the only thing that's keeping us together right now. I know how much he hates it but I really can't stop." Taymor admitted. Their entire relationship was built off lies, how could he?

"Then it's best to just leave. If you don't wanna hurt his feelings why are you still lying to him? I mean yeah, he may be sad when y'all break up but lying ain't any better. It's just gone hurt him in the end."

"I guess you're right I'm just..." Taymor paused as he heard footsteps nearing the living room.

"Did you see who was at the door?" A voice inquired.

"Yeah I did, it was a friend of mine." Dayvon replied happily. Taymor turned to him in confusion.

"Who's that?" He asked.

"I guess I should've introduced you to him sooner. That's my boyfriend, Durk."

"When were you gone tell me you had a boyfriend?" Dayvon chuckled.

"I was gonna tell you eventually but I didn't think it was that important." He answered. Durk walked over and sat beside Dayvon.

"I hope I didn't interrupt anything." Taymor shook his head.

"You didn't, you're good." Taymor assured him.

"What we're you gonna say?" Dayvon questioned. Taymor thought for a moment.

"I was gonna say that I'm just really scared. I don't want him to be upset with me."

"Either way he might get upset. At least by leaving him you know that you won't hurt him anymore." Taymor watched closely as Durk wrapped his arms around Dayvon. He knew he shouldn't, but he couldn't help but feel jealous—he wanted what they had.

"How?"

"How what?" Dayvon asked.

"Y'all seem like y'all get along well, how do you do it?" Dayvon shrugged.

"I don't know, that's just how we are." Taymor stared at the ground.

"I just don't get it, what am I doing wrong? I've tried so hard to love him yet I feel nothing. How can I get like y'all?"

"This ain't none of my business but can I say sum?" Durk piped up.

"Yeah, go ahead." Taymor was willing to take any advice he could get.

"To me, it sounds like you tryna force sum that isn't there. You can't force yourself to love someone. Just cuz you don't like him don't mean there's anything's wrong with you either. That's not sum you can control." Dayvon nodded his head in agreement.

"Yeah, it's not your fault. Be easier on yourself, okay?"

"Ight." Taymor responded. "I seriously can't thank y'all enough. I'll do what y'all suggested and tell y'all how it goes. Ion wanna drag this on for too long so I'll try to leave him within a month."

"You don't need to thank us. If you need more help, feel free to ask. We don't mind helping you." Durk smiled. "Hopefully it goes well." But would it or would it end up as badly as Taymor feared?

A/N: This is kinda long, sorry for any errors!^^