𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡- (𝟏)

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"I'll be right back."

Omniscient

Taymor sat silently, crossing his arms as he waited for the food to arrive. He quickly glanced across the table at Kentrell before looking away. He wished he could say he was enjoying himself but he truly wasn't.

"Taymor?" He turned his attention to Kentrell once more.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"Can you believe it's already been a month? Damn, time passes by so fast." Kentrell commented, earning a forced giggle from Taymor.

"I know, it doesn't even feel like it's been that long." He replied while slumping down in his seat. It didn't take long for Kentrell to notice that Taymor wasn't having fun.

"I know you probably bored out yo mind, my bad. We could've done sum else but I didn't know what else to do." He apologized. Taymor began to feel horrible. He didn't want to come off as ungrateful, in fact, he liked that Kentrell decided to take him out. For some reason, he just couldn't bring himself to enjoy it.

"Don't be, it's fine." Taymor responded with a small smile. "I'm having a good time."

"Are you sure? It don't look like it." Taymor nodded.

"Yeah, I'm sure." He lied. While lying wasn't the best thing to do, he didn't really have a choice. What was he supposed to do? Tell him the truth and risk hurting his feelings? "If I wasn't happy, I would tell you."

"You would?" Taymor nodded his head once more.

"Yeah, definitely." He answered, keeping up with his lie. "I have no reason not to." Kentrell smiled.

"Ight, well I'm glad you're having fun. I hope we can do stuff like this more often, I really like spending time with you." Taymor didn't know how to respond to Kentrell's comment. He simply grew quiet.

It wasn't long before the food arrived. Taymor continued to sit in silence before politely excusing himself from the table. "Um, I'll be right back. I just need to go to the bathroom real quick." He announced before rushing to the bathroom. Once there, he pulled out his phone and dialed Dayvon's number. Taymor started pacing around the bathroom as he waited for him to pick up.

"I haven't heard from you in a minute, how have you been?" Taymor let out a sigh of relief upon hearing his voice.

"Honestly, I'm not doing the greatest right now." Taymor revealed. "Kentrell took me out to dinner but I just wanna go home."

"Are you serious? He did all that just for you to go home? Ion understand, what do you not like about him?" Dayvon questioned. Taymor felt even worse.

"I don't know. I wouldn't say I have a problem with him but I guess I don't love him as much as he loves me. I'm trying my hardest to stay here and be happy, but I just can't."

"I mean do you expect more from him?"

"No, no everything's perfect. It's just..."

"Just what?"

"I don't know." Taymor admitted. "He didn't do anything wrong, I just don't think I like him. I can't-" He was interrupted by the sound of the door opening.

"I mean damn, you could've told me that shit earlier." Taymor was hesitant to turn his head as he knew exactly who the voice belonged to-Kentrell. Taymor could feel his heart racing as tried explaining himself.

"Please don't be mad, I just didn't know how to tell you." Taymor explained while hanging up the phone.

"Didn't you tell me that you was gone tell me if you weren't happy?"

"Well yeah, but-"

"I guess you lied bout that too." Taymor could tell Kentrell was furious and he couldn't blame him. Who wouldn't be upset after they were lied to?

"I did, but I'm really sorry." Kentrell shook his head.

"Don't apologize, Ion wanna hear no sorry ass apology."

"But I really mean it."

"We can talk about this later, ight? Ima just go home." Before Taymor could stop him, Kentrell stormed out the bathroom in a fit of rage.

"I really fucked up this time." Taymor mumbled to himself. After this, he wasn't sure if he would be able to regain Kentrell's trust once more. Why couldn't he have just been honest?