▪︎ Epilogue

Five years have passed.

Dean had already moved on from the relationship. He hoped she did the same.

He's working hard now. He still has time to take care of himself.

Though, he hasn't started dating again yet. The relationship only made him afraid to start dating again, he didn't want to experience the heartbreaking pain again.

It was mid winter. Snow was everywhere. Children would be seen playing in the park, making snowmen or having snowball fights with each other. Others will be seen walking around the park or entering cafes to get a warm drink.

Dean was walking around the park, alone. Hands in jacket pockets as he had a scarf wrapped around his neck.

Exhaling. A puff of clouded fog escaping from his lips as he continued to walk.

As he walked, he noticed couples were walking around, clinging onto one another or having their arms wrapped around each other.

He was the only one alone. Everyone else was with someone.

He continued to walk, stepping away from everyone else and seeing a tree, all by itself.

Looking around, no one was in this specific side of the park, they were all on the other side.

Dean felt a familiar feeling in his chest as he continued walking. He couldn't exactly remember what it was, though.

Until it began to snow. Snow falling from the sky as children were trying to catch a snowflake in their mouth. Others taking photos or pointing out the fact that it was snowing.

Dean noticed it, but he didn't want to stop walking. Instead, he walked towards the lone tree that was away from all the others.

It was a familiar feeling to him, it was like he was here before.

Once he got to the tree, he placed a hand on the trunk of the tree, trying to figure out why being there felt so familiar.

Looking around the tree from where he stood, he searched for answers. Looking up at the tree's branches, looking all around. There was nothing.

Until he slowly started to become desperate for answers, just why was this place so familiar?

Walking around the tree, looking around, searching for at least a clue. There was nothing.

He ended up going back to the place he was earlier, placing a hand on the trunk of the tree again.

He continued to look around, not giving up just yet. Until he saw a curved line carved onto the tree, his hand was covering it the whole time.

As he slowly removed his hand, his eyes widen as he remembered why this place felt so familiar.

Of course, it was their spot. The spot they've always went to in middle school.

Slowly taking off his glove, he touches the tree craving, knowing how long it's been there.

No wonder why Dean started to walk in this direction. It brought him to the tree.

Dean felt refreshed that he visited the tree once again. It's been years after all.

He let out another small sigh, a clouded puff of air escaping from his lips as he stood there, touching the tree carving once again with his fingertips.

He missed her, a lot. But she probably moved on now.

Him too. He moved on, but it left so many painful scars... There's no way they're going to be healed.

"Dean?"

Hearing a familiar voice call out his name, he turns in the direction he heard it from, only to see the one he used to love standing there.

It's been way too long.

She's changed so much.

So much different from what he remembered.

"(Y/n).." He called out to her, seeing her stand there with her hands in her jacket pockets, scarf wrapped around her neck loosely and not properly.

"You're going to catch a cold. Put your scarf on correctly next time." He scolded her as he walked towards her, undoing her scarf and fixing it for her.

She muttered a quick thanks, avoiding eye contact while looking over to the side.

Though, Dean noticed something while he was fixing her scarf. It was the matching neck tattoo. She was surprised that she still had it, he thought she would've gotten it removed by now.

For him, he kept it on. It was a bit too expensive for him to get it removed anyways.

Looking away from it, he continued to fix her scarf, making it not too tight so she'll still be able to breathe.

Once Dean finished fixing her scarf, she opened her mouth to speak.

"...Dean. Can I.. Tell you something?" She spoke, making eye contact and getting his attention.

"Sure. Anything." He answered, wondering what she had to say.

"I know what to tell you to do now.. And I promise it'll make me happy. Really happy." She told him, a small smile forming on her face as she looked up at him. Dean's eyes widening a bit after finally seeing a smile on her face for so long.

Wanting to make her happy, he accepted.

"What is it?"

"Can we restart?"

End.

and that's the end! hope you enjoyed this heartwarming story as much as i enjoyed writing it :]]

made this book bc dean is a good boy, plus the song is stuck in my head 😩

thanks for reading! hope you enjoyed! :]

song used in this story: what 2 do by dean ft crush, jeff bernat