▪︎ VII

Dean waited impatiently near the counter, leaning on it with his arms crossed, waiting for her to return back from her hangout day with no one other than Wolf.

It is currently 10 PM. She said she would return at 7 PM.

Dean inhaled before exhaling, knowing what to say. He was sick of seeing her return back home late.

Taking Jake's advice, he was ready, yet nervous at the same time. He didn't want to do it, but he had to keep their relationship with each other safe. He didn't want the both of them barely talking to each other anymore or turning into a sort of stranger relationship.

10:06 PM. The front door unlocked, making a soft click sound as it opened, revealing a half tired (h/c) haired girl.

She walked into the apartment as she placed her stuff down on the side, closing the door behind her while she ran a hand through her hair.

"You're three hours late. Plus another six minutes." Dean spoke, getting her attention as he leaned on the counter. She turned around and met his brown eyes, staring into her (e/c) ones.

She broke away from the eye contact as she let out a sigh, opening her mouth to speak "Sorry. Wolf--"

"Got drunk again... I know. You're always saying the same damn excuse. My expectations for you are slowly decreasing, (Y/n)." He cut her off, eyes traveling to the side as a small frown formed on his face.

"Well, what do you want me to do? It's not my fault Wolf can't handle his alchohol. You know how he is. Five shots and he's drunk." The tired (h/c) haired girl spoke, tilting her head to the side as she tried to reason with him why she came home late.

"Why are you always going to the bar with him? Don't the both of you have a better place to go to instead of a bar?"

"Dean.. I'm tired, can we talk about this in the morning--"

"No."

"What?"

"I said no." Dean repeated as he looked at her, making eye contact and giving her a stern look on his face before he continued.

"Why are you always ignoring me? You never answer my calls or my messages. You're always saying that you're busy.. You barely even talk to me. You're always with Wolf." Dean added on as he stopped leaning on the counter, standing up straight as his arms were still crossed.

She let out a sigh as she placed a hand on her hip, looking away before looking back at him "That's because he's my best friend. I can't hang out with him?"

"You can. But not all the time where we barely see each other. You're always with him, people are starting to think you've left me for him!" Dean answered as he raised his voice a bit at the end of his sentence, his expression slowly turning into a frustrated one as she looked away once again, averting eye contact.

"You know that's not true. I only think of Wolf as a close friend of mine. Nothing else." Right after she replied, she let out a tired sigh.

"I'm too tired to argue with you... I'm busy--"

"You're always saying you're busy, when in fact, you're not. You're ignoring me. What am I doing wrong?" Dean questioned as he uncrossed his arms, taking a step forward as she shook her head.

"Nothing! Nothing is wrong, you're doing nothing wrong." She answered as she crossed her arms, her eyes still avoiding eye contact with Dean's.

"Then why are you always ignoring me? It's like we're strangers!" He questioned, wanting answers from her except for hearing the excuse that 'she was busy.'