thirty two.

tw: mentions of parental abuse, heavy sexual content (literally just skip the hot tub scene if you want to skip the sexual content lmao)

Months used to go by in the blink of an eye back when Bexley was working all day at the dive shop. The days would all mash together, and she wouldn't even realize so much time had passed.

But one month with Rafe felt like an eternity.

In a good way, and a bad way. But mostly a good way. If she was being honest, she'd admit she had no idea a one month anniversary was a big deal. But it was to Rafe. So she treated it as such.

And it made her happy how much he cared about it. And how much he cared about her.

Rafe woke Bexley up surprisingly early the next morning, insisting on taking her out to breakfast, and telling her to wear something nice. He took her to an exclusive breakfast restaurant, one that was only open until ten o'clock. It was beautiful, and clearly very exclusive. There were only twelve tables, which were all scattered on a large patio dock. They were spaced out, so when the two of them were seated, they were given a beautiful view, and privacy.

"This place is beautiful," Bexley said, looking out at the ocean.

"This is the best place I've ever eaten," he admitted to her, his eyes drawn to the ocean view as well. "It's amazing here."

She liked seeing the excitement gleaming in his eye.

"So why haven't you ever taken me here before?" she joked.

Rafe looked serious for a moment. "I've only ever come on special occasions. Wanted to save it, you know?" He laughed. "Actually, I wanted to save it for longer. Maybe for our six months or something. I just got too excited, brought you early."

Bexley watched him carefully, a gentle smile on her face.

"I'm honored, Rafe." She was also over excited that he mentioned six months, like he was so sure that would happen. She loved that he saw her in his life that far ahead. "This place is perfect."

He reached into his pocket, and pulled out a small black box. He placed it on the table in front of her, a large grin on his face. "This is for you."

Her entire body stilled as she looked at the box. It looked like a ring box.

No, it wasn't a ring. It couldn't be a ring.

And then, she thought about what this place meant to him, and how he was sure this was such a special occasion, and a special restaurant meant for special days, and she felt panicked. She suddenly didn't want to open the box.

"Oh, Rafe, you really didn't have to get me anything," she said, trying to keep her smile from dropping.

Rafe wouldn't do anything stupid, right?