TWENTY SEVEN.

a/n: honeybunbabey was sooo nice and went looking for face claims for Bexley

a/n: honeybunbabey was sooo nice and went looking for face claims for Bexley. I think my favorite is definitely Seychelle Gabriel! Only difference is Bexley's hair is very wavy, not straight :) (I know the actress is 30 now but Drew Starkey is 28 today 😂😂 I'll just be using younger pictures of her)

tw: mentions of drug addiction, violence, sexual content

"And where are you taking me first?"

"Hawaii," Rafe told her. He spoke confidently, as if this wasn't just a suggestion, it was a promise. "Definitely Hawaii."

Bexley laid with her head on Rafe's chest. His heavy comforter blanket laid over them, keeping them warm. Her hand was on his chest, her fingers tracing circles on his over his sleep shirt.

When the movie had ended the day before, Rafe took Bexley to his room, knowing his dad and Rose would be home sometime soon. He locked the door, and let her change into some pajamas of his, and she fell asleep in his bed, next to him. He was right, no one came to say anything to him. Nothing at all.

But he didn't care. He didn't need his dad's attention, or anyone's attention. Not when he already had Bexley's.

That morning, they were on a new conversation that was started by Bexley once again bringing up the fact that if JJ Maybank really was related to her, the shame would eat her alive, and she'd have to skip town. And then came the question that if Bexley decided to leave, for real, and obviously Rafe went her, where would they go? The Bahamas was an obvious answer, so they made up other ones. Where would he take her before they settled into the Bahamas?

"Hawaii." She smiled. "I love it. Why Hawaii?"

"I want to buy you a coconut bra."

She laughed, and he pulled her closer. The morning sunlight came in through the window, falling over Bexley's skin, making it glow. Rafe wanted to touch every inch of it.

"I want you to take me to the beach in Hawaii," she said.

For a moment, he saw an image of the two of them relaxing on the tropical beach. Alone. Far away from every other person he had ever known. He could almost feel Bexley laying in his arms, their bodies on the sand, staring out at the water that far cleaner than any water on the outer banks. It was a nice fantasy. He wondered if, in the future, Bexley would ever want to actually move away from the outer banks. With him.

He'd love to go somewhere new, somewhere where the people didn't get under skin so easily. Maybe Wheezie could visit. But only if she promised to not tease him until he snapped at her. He hated getting so angry in front of Bexley, it was embarrassing. And he knew that one day, he would go too far, and that would be it.

He wanted to get out of this place before he did something he couldn't take back.

Before he did something Bexley couldn't forgive him for.