10 - Heart On Fire

...........................
❤️‍🔥
• Chapter Ten •
Heart on Fire
...........................

a/n: took me a very long time to post this! but the wait is over, tried my best to get this out so it is a bit shorter than I normally write my chapters, a lot has been going on in my life so I hope you guys will be grateful with what I wrote

It had started to pour while Chris and I were out on the balcony so we headed inside.

"I'm gonna go tuck Stella in," he explains.

"Oh well, I should get going, it's getting late anyway." I nervously tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Stay."

I look at him in the eyes, to see if I heard wrong.

He chuckles at my facial expression, shaking his head as he breaks our eye contact.

"Only if you want to, sweetheart." Chris comes closer to me and puts a hand on my waist, searching for skin to touch - smirking when he pushed my shirt up a few centimeters which made me gasp softly.

I sigh when his fingers start to run the smooth skin on my hip.

"I-I," I think of all the reasons I should say no and just go sleep at my apartment, "but I have work—"

"—it's Friday, honey, no one works tomorrow." He playfully winks at me, his blue eyes getting darker and darker.

Suddenly the air in the room was suffocating, the pool of want between my legs growing as Chris began moving his hand higher and higher.

I look down and I realize I am clutching onto the sides of his white tee, unconsciously pulling him closer.

"Stay," Chris cocks his head to the side a bit before quickly stealing a quick kiss from my lips when he heard Ria calling for him.

I stood there where he left me, in the middle of his bedroom as he walked down the stairs.

I decided to stay the night with him, he might need help with Stella during the night anyway.

Ria, Stella's nanny, always goes home to her family on the second weekend of the month which happened to be this weekend.

"Okay, Miss Stella, we read your favorite book, played a game and we watched an episode of doc mcstuffins - you gotta go to sleep now Hunny." I gently put my hand over hers.

I was tucking in Stella as Chris said goodbye to ria downstairs, I could tell he has the front door open since the floors were really cold as the frigid wind gushed through.

"Miss Y/l/n?" Stella asks, with a quiet voice and wide eyes.

"Yes, Stella?"

"What happened.....to your....neck?" She wonders, looking at where the medium-sized bruise with blue and purple blobs.

That's when I started to sweat and my heart began beating a bit faster.

Chris at that moment came in and laid vertically next to Stella, holding his head upon his arm.

"Alright, ladies. Too much chitter-chatter and Stella here needs her rest."

"Can Y/n stay....more....often?" She turns to ask her uncle, "I like the ....way your eyes.... sparkle whenever she's....here."

Stella says in between breaths because she gets very out of breath if she speaks too much.

I somewhat blush at the comment, Chris was somewhat embarrassed? Maybe caught off guard or not used to having Stella see him be as soft with another girl when his cheeks flushed pink.