Prologue

Everyone was happy for him, especially those who have always encouraged the American born Korean to take a new venture in acting. Jeonghan, Vernon and Minghao were the ones who specifically did the encouragement. Joshua saw it as a golden opportunity to fix himself, overall improving in a sense that he could finally become a better idol that he wanted to be. An all rounder. Not just for himself but also for the huge number of fans that was rooting for him, supporting his full fledged career in Pledis Ent. since day one.

Before the drama shooting starts, Joshua invited himself to a nearest cathedral to express his gratitude towards the almighty. He took time chanting some prayers in front of a conspicuous statue of Christ. Once he was done, he turned around to witness another idol who had a distinctive long red hair, tied up in a single braid. She was wearing a suit complete with a tie, akin to a businesswoman with two bodyguards beside her. Her formal appearance made her look older than her actual age.

I've never seen this girl before. He mused.

The newcomer took a seat roughly 20 feet apart from the Korean-American idol. At first glance, it seemed that her expressionless face made her look unapproachable, before she started to look at the male idol who didn't do too well at disguising his nonchalance.

"Do you frequent this cathedral?" She spoke, albeit coldly.

"I guess I kind of do. It depends on my schedule." Jisoo replied. A moment of silence grazed his thoughts before he raised an eyebrow.

"Pardon me if I sound rude but are you new here? I must say I haven't been noticing your presence before."

The red haired girl crossed her legs and smiled. She laid down her suit and gave it to the guards.

"I'm a new idol from a new company called Noctua. In fact, I am the sole successor of the company hence money needs to be kept rolling to make ends meet."

Sole successor, Noctua. Wait a second, she's the same girl who debuted some time ago. Joshua immediately shook his head and nodded.

"Ah alright. I've been caught up in a busy schedule to not remember. I apologize for the inconvenience. I'm Joshua Hong." He spoke politely.

"Our sole success doesn't lie in the entertainment industry. I'm Aeri." The female idol replied as she paid her respects to the church.

Her hands were covered in gloves, the kind of gloves a hitman would wear for some reason. Joshua couldn't help but to stare. If his best friend Jeonghan were around, he would definitely clown him for not even blinking staring a girl.

"Based on my records, you are Joshua Jisoo Hong from Pledis Ent. Signed a Red Contract to act in an upcoming drama called Control." She stated as a matter of fact.

"Yes that's me. By the looks of it, we shall be working together then?" He questioned.

Red Contract.... which reminds me all the documents were printed on a red paper for some odd reason.

Aeri stood up as the guards lent her the black suit she was wearing earlier. She wore them immediately and stood tall, facing Joshua who was glued to the seat.

She had golden eyes. Amber, to be precise. 

The idol raised one arm and motioned a handsign of a gun, pointing at him nonchalantly before she smiled.

"Pleasure to be the one who pulls the trigger. I am the antagonist. The heroine you'll be assigned to is Park Hyemi. Beautiful and kind, nonetheless. She told me she's a big fan of you and your band called Seventeen."

Before Joshua could even speak, one of her guards whispered in her ear, signalling that it's time to go. They seemed to be in a rush. Aeri spoke,

"We shall meet on set later on. Till then, Joshua Hong."

He nodded.

"See you next time, Aeri."

The cathedral doors immediately closed on its own as the three of them exited the area. Joshua leaned back against the bench and realized he had cold sweat, for absolutely no reason at all. He continued praying to God, hoping he would give his best in this venture and not mess up this opportunity.

This is your journey as Aeri or real name Jang Mirae, acting in a drama not as the main lead but as a female antagonist instead. A love triangle that might make or break a friendship, a relationship or mess up the entire mysterious drama crew as well. Who falls in love first, loses their role.

A/N: I hope the prologue catches yalls interest. This book won't really have fantasy elements except for the imagery of Angel/Devil. Also give a huge applause towards Actor!Joshua even if he might never get the opportunity irl ☠️