ARRRGH

Jim and ARRRGH walked to Trollmarket with Jim plastered to ARRRGH's side, scared of the griffin that possibly watched them from above. They made it to the canal as the clouds covered the sun, preventing ARRRGH from dying and turning into stone. 

Jim got out the horngazel and drew the semicircle onto the wall, ARRRGH was the one to press his hand against it and made it open up for them. "So Persey's safe?" Jim asked worriedly and became relieved when ARRRGH nodded. 

They walked into the semicircle, Jim stayed behind just a bit to watch it close and make sure the griffin didn't follow then he carried himself down the crystal staircase. He took several deep breaths to calm himself and his beating heart.

There were murmurs when Jim walked past the shops of Trollmarket such as "He brought another human!" "I heard she's a Valkyrie." "Impossible!" 

Jim ignored them all and continued his way, following ARRRGH as he led him to Blinky's library. There he saw an astonishing sight, Persey was sitting on the highest bookshelf throwing books at Toby and Blinky. 

"Back, back you beast!" She tossed another book, failing to notice Jim and ARRRGH who just watched. "AGH! Miss Persephone STOP!" Blinky shouted, "You're supposed to be the goddess of flowers, not a barbarian!" 

"Well, this barbarian don't give a shit!" 

"LANGUAGE!" Blinky shouted as he glared at her with all of his six eyes before covering his face to avoid injury. Jim decided it was time to step in. 

"Persey, it's ok they're friends!" He declared, trying to soothe her. He knew how she felt, the day when the amulet chose him as the troll hunter. He had felt so overwhelmed.

"Oh realllyyyy?" She drew it out, preparing to throw a book at Jim. Her hand raised. "And what are you? A knight?" She shouted Jim rolled his eyes "It's alright, they're with me." He then held up his hands to shield his face as she threw a book at him. 

"What is that?" Persey pointed at ARRRGH "Me troll." ARRRGH replied gently. "Me human, me no wanna die!" Persey gestured to herself. "NOW TELL WHAT IS GOING ON!" 

Jim sighed, this was going to be a long day. "Blinky can do it." He pointed at the six-eyed troll, Blinky sighed as he rubbed his forehead with his hand. "What Master Jim-" "Hold up, Master?" 

"It's just a nickname." Toby mouthed to her and Persey didn't ask about it, "Master Jim and I made the wonderful discovery that a griffin has arrived in Arcadia, and it is searching for you." He gestured with all four of his arms to Persey whose eyes widened. "ME? WHY ME?"

"Because you are a descendant of the mighty Valkyrie, an only woman-clan that existed back in the day." Valkyrie? Persey tried to wrap her head around it when suddenly she remembered the birthmark on her arm that had happened to just appear today. "Does this have to do with the mark on my wrist?" 

Blinky automatically began to fangirl, "Bring it here, bring it here! I'll see!" Persey hesitantly got down from the bookshelf and extended her arm slowly to him. Blinky rolled up her hoodie sleeve and observed the wing-like mark. "Great Gorgons, it is indeed!" 

Jim got a look of worry on his face "What is it?" Blinky swiveled around with Persey's hand in his own so he dragged her along with him so Jim could see it. Jim looked at it "It looks.... like a wing."

"It is a wing, Master Jim, it is the Mark of the Valkyrie." Blinky stated, "Now in order for her to complete her destiny, she must break the griffin."

Persey heard this and yanked her arm away from Blinky "Excuse me?" She yelled worriedly "I have to tame that thing, it nearly killed Toby and Jim!" 

"That was because griffins are now to help defend their masters from male company." Blinky said in a matter-of-fact tone. "So that's why it was glaring at Coach." Persey began connecting the dots, so basically she was cursed to never have a boyfriend... Great.

"So basically, I can never have a boyfriend?" Persey snapped "Oh no, Valkyrie women did always find a way to squeeze past their griffin's restrictions and find a temporary mate." Blinky stated ever so calmly. 

"Wait, I thought you said we could protect her from the griffin! Not tame it!" Jim shouted, "Oh nonono, Master Jim, it is her destiny to ride in the sky with a griffin just as it is yours to be a troll hunter," Blinky said,  "To become a mighty Valkyrie-" Blinky raised his fist in the arm as a symbol of strength "We can just simply help her in this process." He said in that annoyingly calm tone. 

"Can you not sound so calm?" Toby snapped, his hands waving about. "Now here comes the hard part," Blinky ignored Toby's remark, "Capturing the griffin so Persephone can tame it." 

Persey was quiet as she was thinking "Wait-" Blinky turned towards her "Shouldn't my mom be a Valkyrie?" Blinky put his hand on his chin as he began to think. "Why yes." 

"Why isn't she one?"