Such a flirt. Did she flirt with me like this when we first started dating? No wonder I was always a stuttering wreck.

Rosie (3:45PM): Great! It’s a date then! Our second date. But not what I was planning for us. I’m still holding you to a full day this weekend.

Rosie had unconsciously found herself smiling for the rest of the day as she went back to work, thinking over just how much Lisa’s flirting affected her in the best ways. Well, not just her flirting. She’d found that pretty much everything about Lisa made her tingle with anticipation.

Now, a few hours later, shifting in her seat at the restaurant, she glanced down at her phone, noting it was 6:45 and that she hadn’t heard from Lisa any further for the rest of the day. She picked the device up, contemplating calling when the hightop table beneath her shook and someone sat down across from her.

“Sorry I’m late, cutie. Seriously, worst shoot ever.” Rosie smiled and watched as Lisa sat her messenger bag down in one of the other spare chairs and shucked her leather jacket, revealing a tight, low cut v-neck that had Rosie sucking in a deep breath.

Yep, definitely tingly.

“It’s fine,” she said, her voice a little higher than normal. She coughed once and blinked hard, trying to act like a normal human being instead of a drooling idiot. “Although I was beginning to think I’d been stood up.”

“Now why in the world would I stand up a pretty girl like you?” Lisa leaned forward onto the table, smirking softly.

How in the world did I ever keep up with her? I was a million times more awkward at nineteen than I am now!!!

Rosie simply shook her head and smiled back, tentatively reaching for Lisa’s hand, realizing that while she may not be able to tease Lisa as easily as the other girl could tease her, she could still show her that she was interested.

And Lisa had been right about what she’d said the night before about the touching. They were definitely ahead of the game there. But dammit, it felt so good to hold Lisa’s hand. It felt so good to be able to reach out to her without worrying about leading the other girl on, without the intense pressure. Unconsciously she linked their fingers as their server stopped by with the waters she’d already requested and to let them know that their food would be out soon.

“I went ahead and ordered. I hope that’s okay?”

“Perfectly fine, Chaeng, thank you. I’m fucking starving. I only had time for a coffee and a Red Bull today.”

She watched as Lisa battled one-handed with her straw wrapper for a moment, her face a mask of intense concentration, refusing to relinquish her other hand from Rosie’s, before finally giving up, tossing the straw aside, and taking a gulp from the glass in front of her. Rosie just giggled, squeezing Lisa’s hand once more, smiling softly at the dark-haired girl who didn’t seem to notice her merriment.

“So, how was your day? What kind of trouble did you get into?”

“Why do you seem to think that I’m always looking for trouble?”

“I wouldn’t say you specifically go looking for it but it always seems to have a way of finding you,” Lisa said with a smirk. Rosie felt the dark-haired girls thumb moving back and forth across her knuckles and she smiled at the soft, comforting sensation.

She did that last night too. I wonder...

“Well it didn’t today,” Rosie said with a victorious smile. “And my day was good. I sent over my first draft to The Independent.”