𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤

"Now, if a captain raised their hand, you will go to their squad. If given offers by more than one captain, you may choose whom you wish to join. Step forward if your number is called."

So it starts. (y/n) yawned as she felt sleepy. She leaned on Yuno beside her who seemed not to mind. "Ah.. I kind of want to join in that buff guy's squad.." She said.

Her words caught Yuno's attention, "You mean the Black Bulls? Why?" He said. He was kind of saddened since he wants the girl to join a squad with him. But he knows it's not his decision to make.

"Well their squad seemed to have wild members.. from what I heard. There must be a lot of commoners in their squad so I'd like to join them.." (y/n) fed herself with a mochi from god knows where it came from. "Also, I don't think it would do me any good if I join squad that has a lot of nobles and royals. Especially when they're self-centered pricks."

Yuno grinned at her statement and said, "Yeah.. You'll probably cause fight."

The girl puffed her cheeks as she said, "Well.."

As Asta's number was called, (y/n) straightened up and watched her friend.

They waited.. Asta is sweating and no one is raising their hands that made (y/n) kind of nervous.

"Well damn.." She muttered.

"164, no offers."

People are telling him to get out and leave yet the boy stayed in his place. (y/n) looked away as the scene made her heart clench.

"Not yet.. Not yet!" Asta yelled.

(y/n) watched as the black bull captain let out an immense mana while talking to Asta. Asta's resolve was tested and eventually, it turn out alright.

It was Yuno's turn to get picked-- actually, it's the other way around. Yuno was the one who picked. In the end, he chose the Golden Dawn.

(y/n)

I eyed the captain above, something about him makes me feel weird. I don't know what that is. And honestly, I don't care.

.. maybe not yet.

Looks like he noticed me staring at him. Before our eyes met, I looked away the same time the proctor called my number.

"166. Step infront."

I did as instructed and looked at the captains above.

Everyone gasps when all of the captains raised their hands. Murmurs behind me started to annoy me so I made my choice.

"Let me join Black Bulls."

I can see the disappoinment in other captain's eyes as I made my choice whereas the captain I chose laughed loudly.

"Is she nuts? She had the opportunity!"

"She could've take the Golden Dawn! Stupid!"

There are one more reason why I chose black bulls aside from what I told Yuno earlier.

"(y/n)! Looks like we're both bulls!" Asta said as I went to them. I only rolled my eyes at him and said, "Looks like I'm stuck up with your loud ass again."

"That's mean!"

I worry for both Yuno and Asta. But Asta worries me more. He has this tendency to get in trouble than Yuno. I'm not underestimating him, I know he's very much capable of protecting himself. But it still doesn't make me stop worrying.

[timeskip]
third person

"Yuno! You're Dawn while (y/n) and I are bulls! This is where our true battle begins!" Asta shouted as soon as he spotted.