Chapter 3: A Complete Turn of Life

A/N: it's a triple update today btw. 3,4,5 ch are out! (1/3)

At the age of seven, Cale went together with his mother to a certain village in their territory. Cale was quite confused about their trip but knowing his mother, she probably wanted to maintain a close observation at this village.

Because of its unique location, this village wasn't that big and its people were few in numbers. It was located near one of the Five Forbidden Regions in the Western continent, the Forest of Darkness.

Harris village was the name of this place.

Jour approached Cale and rubbed his hair affectionately while smiling softly at him, reminding him in a gentle yet stern tone.

"Cale, you can do whatever you want. I will be having a little talk with the chief for a little bit. Please be careful and don't get into any trouble."

Cale nodded obediently before running off to somewhere. Jour watched him and noticed how he staggered a bit as he tried to lean on one of the walls, she smiled bitterly as she turned around knowing that she can't really do much.

However, she threatened under her breath, completely aware about how there was someone always observing her child.

"You better wait... One day, you will pay the price for my child's suffering with your pitiful godhoods being shattered to pieces.."

Adjusting her expression again, Jour headed to the chief of the village. She was planning to ask him about the village condition and terrains as she started to put her plans in action.

Meanwhile with Cale–

Cale bit his lips to prevent himself from groaning in pain as he staggered towards the small forest around Harris village, cold sweat dripping from his forehead as he leaned on a tree trunk to support his falling body.

Since the age of five, Cale hid his pain and dealt with all of this suffering alone. Fortunately, the pain levels varied from a bearable pain to an excruciating pain that was able to take his breath away.

"Ughh... "

Finally far away from anyone who was watching, Cale let go of his groans while trembling from the pain. The pain was getting too much for him and he was starting to get worried.

'Shit... How am I supposed to deal with it if I faint?'

Cale started to ponder over the possibility of him fainting. He didn't plan for the pain to be this strong nor had he prepared an explanation for his mother in case he passed out and she discovered his unconscious body here.

It was his fault for the lack of preparation, however, it wasn't like he can re-judge himself and sort all the things he had done his whole life as smart or stupid now–

Not at this fucked up moment at least.

While Cale was cursing and fighting with his consciousness and pain, he noticed a strange plop of white from the corner of his eyes.

The white thing walked slowly towards him, prompting Cale to look at it closer and realize that this white furry creature is actually a fox.