He placed a finger over his lips indicating that his grandma had been sleeping. I quietly followed him up the stairs that had luckily been carpeted.

We made it to his room and he slowly closed the door to make sure it wouldn't noise. I watched tentatively as he strode over to his dresser. He pulled his gown off to reveal his suit and tie that I had seen only hours ago. Tugging at the tie, it went loose so he could pull it off. Removing his dress jacket and tossing it aside. He unbuttoned exactly three buttons before turning to face me.

"Here, you can borrow these and shower." He tilted his head to open bathroom door in his room. I walked up to him, taking the clothes and walking into the bathroom. I stripped of my damp clothes and hopped in his shower.

I can't even tell you how many times I've showered in here. The endless muddy days at the park, the sleepovers when we were young.

After I was done I gripped the knob and shut the water off, stepping out and drying my body with one of his white towels. I stared at his clothes that laid on the counter.

He always lent me his clothes.

I smiled before slipping on his grey boxers and large red shirt that ended right above my knees.

I gathered my damp clothes and the moment I stepped out there he was in just some sweats, no shirt. Quickly he took my clothes and disappeared behind the door. A little ways later he came back and smiled.

He locked the door.

I walked over to the bed and sat on the edge, his deep blue linen sheets pressing against my skin. I placed my two hands beside me, gripping at the fabric. I glanced up at his eyes.

No.

I knew exactly what was flooding through his mind.

I diverted my eyes from his and placed them on my lap. I could feel the cold air from the air conditioner pricking my eyes.

I bit down on my lip to contain the quiver and quickly swiped the underside of my nose.

Looking back up at him just to see his eyes in the same spot. His face was contorted in pain.

I pressed my lips together and shrugged. Feeling the tears escape my eyes. The warm, salty drops cascading down my cheeks.

"I'm gonna miss you." He whispered.

Yet I could hear his voice loud and clear from the end of the room.

"Me too." I bit my lip.

He shoved his hands in the pockets of his grey sweats and walked up to the bed with his head down.

"I only have what, ten hours left with you." He smiled sadly and I nodded. His hands came up to cup my cheeks and I felt myself completely crumble.

He knew exactly how to break me.

Our foreheads found each other and we sat there in silence.