4/20

* Aspen *

I slip off my panties and throw them in my clothes hamper. Stepping into the shower, I let the cool water cascade down my body and slip and slide down my hot crevices.

It's fucking 100 degrees in Elverwood.

Fucking 105 in Houston, which is only a few streets away. I've been outside all day with my pops, helping coach these musty ass football players down at Elverwood Middle. Helping lug around water, helping point out flaws in their game plan, helping my middle school friend, Dean find cute new boyfriends.

I had been chilling with Dean since he started gravitating towards my dad's football clinics open to all ages over the summer. He was already taller than me, even though he was in eighth grade. He was a dark skin with a dazzling smile and had a thing for boys with flat twists and hazel eyes, aka Mathew from seventh grade.

I let the soap slide down my breasts and down my tummy. Dean has a knack for flirting that I've always wished that I could possess. But then again, the flirting game is very different at the middle school versus the high school. It might be a small town, but a wink and a few nice words at the middle school can turn a sixth grader into an eighth grader's hoe. In high school, you gotta have the looks and the books to get some play.

Unfortunately, I don't really think I have the looks.

I start washing my face with a facial bar, dreading school tomorrow as always. I'm the girl who likes to paint and who likes to watch football and smoke in the janitor's closest next to Mr. Hally's class. I'm nothing special compared to the other girls at Elverwood High, and I'm damn sure not thick.

Small thighs, a small waist, and small hips don't get you much of a glance in a world filled with high school girls thicker than your average woman. But on my first day of school I vowed to be noticed this year. To do something that will make me stand out from the other girls so that I can say that I had a girlfriend or a boyfriend in my high school years, because I sure haven't found one yet.

It's February now, bro!

Oh...and that. I don't know what I'm interested in.

Pussy or dick, is the question at the end of the day. Since middle school I've been confused about what I'm attracted to, about what intrigues me. It's not like I'm split between girls and boys- nahh, lemme say males and females because I'm not a damn pedo. It's just that...I don't understand what I want.

What my own pussy craves.

But that doesn't matter, Dean says I'll probably have my life figured out by my freshman year of college. It just sucks that some tall ass eighth grader seems to have his life more figured out than me.

I cut my shower water off and sigh.

I slip my shower cap off my head and let my braids fall down my wet back. "Aspen! You coming wimme or not, girl?" my mom shouts from somewhere faraway in the house. I sigh, and slip into rush mode. I lay my edges, put on my moisturizer, rub in my lotion, slip on my clothes, brush my teeth- and thank God not in that order, cause whew!

I leave the bathroom in a baby blue cotton sweatpants and hoodie set. I pile my hair onto the top of my head in a top knot and look around for my blue and black Jordan's. "Coming!"

"Child, I'm almost out the door," my mom calls out.

I grab my purse and rush down the stairs, almost running into my father. "I'm going back to pick up somebody's cleats they left," he tells me. He gives my shoulder a quick pat and moves around me to continue back up the stairs.