Chapter 8: A Snowman's Summer

Start from the beginning

Anna paused, "Wait... Osborn? OsCorp? Does this guy related to the jer... your friend in any way."

"Yeah, Norman's his dad." Peter nodded, "Anyway, despite his success, Norman studied his inventions but ultimately rejected them. Four months later, Osborn announces OsCorp Tech Flight."

Kristoff gasped, "He stole his work!"

"I took it Toomes didn't take that too well." Anna assumed.

Peter shook his head, "No, he marched up to Oscorp and demanded an apology."

Anna recalled, "Except, your friend mentioned his dad never apologizes."

"No, so Toomes used his tech to become the Vulture and threatened Norman to publicly apologize or die and he didn't care who got in his way. However, Spider-Man was able to stop him before anyone got hurt. Since then, he has a major grudge against the Osborns and Spider-Man." Anna nodded.

Peter then went on, "The electric guy was once a man known as Max Dillion."

"Oh, so that's why Spider-Man called him Max! That's his name!" Anna realized, "But why doesn't want to be called by his name."

Peter sighed, "I was an intern for Dr. Connors at the time. When I met him, he was an electrician hired to upgrade the bio-electrical filters in Dr. Connors's ESU Laboratory. However, there was an accident and Max was bathed in its special fluid as he was being electrocuted. Dr. Connor's and my old friend, Eddie Brock got him to hospital. Max's body began to generate a constant stream of bio-electricity, which can only be contained by an isolation suit which they're willing to provide. Dr. Connors promised to find a cure for Max, but he lost his patience and ran away from the hospital. He went to get some coffee but got frustrated when he found out he couldn't drink it."

"That's awful..." Anna muttered.

Peter nodded as he continued, "Then in a panic, he ran out of the store which, by then, Spider-Man mistaken him for a common thug. That only made him angrier when Spider-Man learned the truth, he wanted to help Max but he took him and several other innocent people hostage demanding his cure. He believes without a cure, he's not Max Dillon, so he called himself, Electro. Spider-Man was able to stop him and save the hostages but Dr. Connors is still looking for a cure for Max, but Max had been working with criminals since to get a cure so..."

"He's been a criminal ever since..." Kristoff finished.

Peter nodded, "After a year since Spider-Man's first appearance, crime was getting low and a crime lord known as the Big Man hired a group called The Enforcers to kill Spider-Man while he was fighting the Vulture. He captured Vulture, Fancy Dan, and Ox, but their leader Montana, the guy in the yellow suit, escaped capture. However, a few weeks later, he hijacked an armored car..."

He got confused looks from everyone, Peter sighed, "Never thought I'd have to explain to two full-grown adults and a reindeer of what a car is... okay, it's what we use for transportation. Think of it as a wagon that doesn't need a horse." After receiving shocked looks from the group, he continued, "Anyway in the car was a high tech suit, and the Big Man wanted him to use it to destroy Spider-Man once and for all. With it, he became the Shocker. He actually came close, but Spider-Man beat him by dropping a building on him and then sent him off to prison."

"Dang..." Kristoff gasped.

Peter continued, "Flint Marko and Alex O'Hirn were criminals even before they got powers. They got stopped by Spider-Man on multiple occasions, but when Shocker was defeated, the Big Man wanted to distract Spider-Man with more super villains, so he turned to Norman Osborn to create them."

"Wait... didn't Spider-Man save his life from Vulture?" Kristoff gasped.

Peter nodded grimly, "Yeah... Harry's dad wasn't a good man."