SHE IS THE DEVIL'S DAUGHTER

A N G E L O ' S  P O V 

Fuck, fuck, fuck! Nyra's eyes close and her luscious long eyelashes kiss the puff of her cheeks. Dio, did she look like a Goddess sleeping. I try to tap her face slightly but she's not responding, I pick my phone up again and decline Dante's call before dialling my doctor's number. 

"Sadie, I need you to come to my apartment now. It's urgent!" I say and she assures me she will be here soon. I stare at the doll in my arms and I don't think twice before picking her up in my arms and walking to her couch, where a light grey blanket is folded neatly. 

Laying her down on the couch, I quickly wrap the blanket around her. I couldn't afford to let anyone see her especially since she's not wearing any underwear. I hear a mumble escape her lips and I pick her up bridal style once again before I walk out of her apartment. 

The corridors are empty and as I press the button to summon the elevator a faint whisper escape her lips. "Angelo..." Nyra shifts in my arms and her hands scrunch on my shirt tightly, "I'm here, tesoro." I say as we go up the elevator. 

Once we have reached my floor, I rush up the stairs to my room and take her to my room, I lay her down gently and like a delicate flower, I kiss her on the forehead. Why do I feel such a strong urge to care for her? She's nothing to me but she makes me feel something. Something so enchanting yet so blissful. 

Nyra's hand is still clenched onto my shirt and as I try to pull it away, I notice the coldness of her hands. She really is stubborn and she never listens. As if walking around in just a shirt will cure her fever. God, she is already doing my nerves. 

Walking over to my closet, I remove my suit jacket and place it on the hanger before I get one of my hoodies and jogging bottoms. I managed to get the hoodie on her but I couldn't bring myself to put the jogging bottoms on her. A knock on the door brought me back to reality and I quickly headed downstairs. 

Sadie was Lorena's niece and my childhood best friend. "What's wrong?" She asked, walking with me up the stairs as she carried her medical case along with her. "A girl that I know of fainted and I couldn't leave her by herself in her apartment so I brought her here." Sadie rushed over to her and started to check her. 

"She has a fever so she must have fainted from dehydration, do you know if she has any other underlying health conditions?" I instantly thought back to the iron deficiency, "She said she has an iron deficiency." Sadie nodded her head and began to write a few things down on her prescription pad. 

"Get these for her tomorrow in the morning, she's alright, she needs to have a lot of fluids else her condition will falter." I folded the prescription pad and placed it on the bedside drawer. "Could you do me another favour, please?" Sadie smiled. 

"Can you help put this on her?" I handed the jogging bottoms, Sadie raised one of her eyebrows up but without saying a word she grabbed the jogging bottoms and as I walked away I closed the door to my room.