Protect Her (Bodyguard AU) (II)

Omg title wordplay to distract y'all from the fact that I haven't updated in months??? Sksksksksks I'm sorry!!  Thanks for sticking around and supporting!!! I love u!!! Can't wait to read all of your comments!! the more I get, the more I'm motivated to write <3 hope u enjoy this idek how it reached 7k words!! Ok shush it's starting

"Eda Hanim! Eda Hanim look here please!"

"Eda Hanim are you dating Deniz Bey?"

"Eda Hanim is it true that you're expanding into the Italian market?"

Cameras flashed as Serkan ushered the woman from the holding's doors to her car, trying to drown out the chaos and the reporters badgering. He sat next to her, immediately rubbing his eyes at the light exposure, feeling absolutely disoriented. Eda's heart melted at how innocent the man looked- almost like a baby. For a moment she let herself envision him as a child- a tiny boy with curly red hair and gorgeous green eyes. She didn't know why her heart ached when she thought of it, and she looked away before it could happen again. She simply could not afford to entertain such ideas.

He accompanied her all day, like a shadow she just couldn't get rid of- one who was there out of necessity and duty, not one who actually cared about her.

The thought was enough to steel Eda's resolve once more.

Serkan was hungry and cold, and every cell of his body was exhausted as he followed her down the halls of the mansion. He hadn't been able to sleep at night, for some reason he felt anxious every time he left Eda's presence- worried about her safety in his absence despite having guards stationed everywhere.

Needless to say, between the annoyance of the paparazzi, the bleakness of meetings, and his general sour disposition- he simply was not fit for company any longer. His eyes strained to stay open as his brain became muddled with drowsiness.

Eda had noticed her bodyguards silence, but thought that it was better to leave him to his sulking. It wasn't until she returned from the kitchen that she found him asleep on her couch- absolutely dead to the world.

For a moment she was taken aback at how relaxed he looked in his sleep, the frown that marred his face usually was nowhere to be seen as his features softened in his rest. She noticed how uncomfortably he was laying down, yet as she approached him, she realised how drained the man was.

She silently opened the blanket and gently began draping it over the man before her eyes caught onto the gun at his waist, making her freeze instantly. She hated guns. She absolutely hated them, but Serkan had convinced her to allow him to carry one- yet he always hid it for her sake under his jacket or coat.

Her hands trailed down towards the weapon as her fingertips met the cool metal, making a shiver run down her spine. She doubted sleeping with a gun was the smart thing to do, hence she lay her hand on the holster but before she could move another inch, she felt his hand grip her wrist as his eyes flew open, red and alert.

"Calm down.", she said in a levelled voice as her gaze dropped to his neck, seeing his heartbeat race.

"What are you-?", his voice was thick with sleep and she'd be lying if she said that it wasn't the hottest thing she'd ever heard.

"Putting your gun away, I'd rather my bodyguard didn't die in a freak accident.", she supplied as she felt his grip on her wrist loosen a bit.

"There's no need, I'm up. I didn't realise when I'd fallen asleep."

"Just sleep Serkan.", she rolled her eyes, "I have guards stationed outside, I'm completely safe! Stop overreacting.", she refused to comment on how her words held no ice, not when he held her hand so tenderly, "You're no good to me if you're half asleep on duty. I'm taking your gun off and then you're going to finish your nap."