Ours

This is a continuation of what happens when Serkan and Eda wake up together after he gets his memories back.

Eda looked up at him and caught him staring at her with so much adoration in his eyes that she felt her breath catch in her throat. She had missed that look so much. After spending months being looked at like a stranger, she was finally being viewed as the love of his life.

They lay in each other's warm embrace as the early morning rays danced through the curtains, illuminating their bedroom which had all but been destroyed the night before due to their explosive reconciliation.

Despite it all, she still couldn't help but wake up after every hour or so and stare at the sleeping form of the man. She needed to check if he had actually come back to her, because she wouldn't be able to survive another nightmare. She wasn't strong enough, not anymore.

The truth was that Eda Yildiz was afraid. She was afraid of how easily her happiness got snatched away from her. She was terrified of it happening again. She was terrified of the aftermath it wrecked upon her soul. She was terrified to tell him the truth.

She couldn't tell him about what really killed her inside, not when he looked at her with so much love in his gaze. She never wanted that happiness to fade ever again.

"What are you thinking?", she whispered softly as he studied her face intently.

"I want our children to look just like you.", he replied honestly, unknowingly shaking Eda's entire being. He didn't miss the sudden flash of pain in her eyes, or the way her lips trembled slightly as a wave of emotion overcame her. He frowned in concern, cupping her face immediately, "Eda? Did... Did I say something wrong?"

Wrong? God how could it ever be wrong? How could he know the exact words to say that would break her heart as well as make it melt?

Serkan had come back to her, but that was just the tip of the iceberg. Their troubles ran so deep that she was afraid it would break them if she shared her grief- a grief they shared, even if he didn't know it yet.

Eda simply shook her head, refusing to say anything else as she forced a small smile onto her face, watching the way Serkan frowned. She knew her attempts would be futile- the man knew her like the back of his hand.

"Tell me.", his voice was serious as his gaze seemed to pierce through her soul.

"No.", she refused as tears gathered in her eyes.

"Baby if I hurt you..."

"It's not that simple.", she whispered back.

"Eda. Please just tell me.", the man cupped her face and spoke almost desperately.

"Serkan. Before I say anything... Please just... promise me you won't blame yourself.", she said almost pleadingly and he felt fear slice through him.

"What did I do?", he asked, trying to control the tremble in his voice.

"You didn't do anything.", she shook her head as a lump formed in her throat, "I-"

She paused, lowering her gaze. Trying to find better words, more gentle words. Words that wouldn't tear her soul up when she uttered them.

"I was pregnant.", there was a moment of silence and she was almost too afraid to look up.

"... Was?", his voice was void of any emotion as she swallowed the painful lump in her throat.

"I was two months pregnant when you came back to us.", she felt him tighten his hold on her, "I was three months pregnant when I wasn't anymore.", her voice broke as she felt the first tear slip, "I didn't even know it until I had the miscarriage. I didn't even know Serkan." She shook her head as she pursed her lips, "The doctor said it was stress. I hadn't been eating well, I was malnourished. I'd neglected myself. I'd neglected my baby."