Chapter 4

She knew that she shouldn't be doing this, but it was so addictive. He was addictive. Brooklyn pulled away, knowing that they can't be caught. Regardless if they have known each other all their lives or just for a few minutes. Sophie and Brooklyn are twins they tell each other everything. But she can't tell Sophie this. She just can't.

"Brooklyn? What's wrong? Did I do something?" Fitz asked, running his hands down her arms.

"No. Nothing's wrong, and it's definitely not you. It's me." Brooklyn said, shivering at the slight touch.

"What do you mean? Nothing's wrong with you." Fitz said, kissing her forehead.

"No, it's just that I really want to be with you, but I can't. I just can't."

"Why?"

"It's not my secret to share. Ask Sophie and she might tell you." Brooklyn said, pulling away from his touch.

"So, you're saying this has something to do with Sophie. Brooklyn," Fitz said, gently holding her wrists, "This is between me and you. I get that you and Sophie are really close, and you tell each other everything, but somethings you have to keep to your self. Please, Brooklyn."

"I can't hurt her, Fitz. I don't want to hurt you, either. But, it's just not possible."

"She doesn't have to know."

"Well, she gonna find out sooner rather and later." Brooklyn said.

Brooklyn hated the look of disappointment in his eyes. He was so handsome and there was no doubt in her mind that she wanted him. She felt safe and secure in his arms, a feeling she hasn't had in a long time. She wanted to feel safe after everything she has been through. It was not easy that's for sure.

"Fitz, I do feel something for you. You make me feel safe and secure, which is a feeling that I literally have not had in at least five years. It's just, ugh Sophie is going to kill me. She's liked you since she was thirteen, so that's why I can't do this." Brooklyn said, wrapping her arms around herself.

"I understand, and now I know you at least feel something for me." Fitz said, wrapping his arms around Brooklyn's waist. Her arms went instinctively to his chest, grabbing his collar and kissing him. Her arms snaked around his neck, her fingers digging into his hair. Fitz groaned in the back of his throat, sending a deep rattle through Brooklyn. His hands went around her neck and her waist pulling her into him even more. His lips started moving down her neck, tracing her collar bone.

"Fitz, they're back." Brooklyn whispered, pulling out and standing three feet anyway from him.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Fitz said, stepping back angrily and running his hand through his hair.

"Fitz! Can I do a fashion show for you will all the new dresses I got?" Biania asked, her eyes filled with hope.

"Yeah. Just give me a couple minutes?" Fitz asked, glancing at me.

"I hope he didn't scare you!" Biania said to Brooklyn, laughing.

"Don't worry. He didn't."

Biania exited the room with Fitz following slowly behind. He stopped next to Brooklyn, kissing a soft spot behind her ear, then whispering, "I'll stop by your room tonight as soon as I can."

He ran his hand down her cheek, tracing her jaw. Brooklyn smiled and nodded.