ONE

┍━━━━ ➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ━━━━┑

𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇

┕━━━━ ➶-͙˚ ༘✶  ━━━━┙

"𝘌𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴
𝘴𝘰 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐
𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘫𝘶𝘮𝘱 𝘪𝘯."

ONE YEAR AGO

ONE YEAR AGO

"Seraphina! Would you just listen to me for a second? You're being irrational, this will never work," said David, letting out an exasperated sigh.

For the past hour, the siblings had been arguing with one another, the dim light of the Fabrikator's desk lamp illuminating their tense features. David was bent over his work, the same way he usually was, his sister, Seraphina stood over him, her back straight with her chin pointed forward. David looked up for a moment, their eyes meeting briefly and Seraphina refused to back down underneath his gaze.

The girl would not give up her freedom because her too-smart brother wanted to boss her about. She simply would not accept no for an answer, not that she needed his permission but it would've been rude for her to leave without saying goodbye. Despite his ways, David meant too much to her to simply disappear without a trace.

"David, I've taken everything into account, and being stuck under this roof isn't something I want anymore. I've never wanted this, I want something more," Seraphina explained, her fingers reaching for a piece of metal that David quickly swatted her hand away from.

"Don't touch that. This is not a good idea, the moment they find out you're missing they'll mark you as a deserter and you'll never be able to return."

"Who said I wanted to return? I can't just sit still here anymore. Aren't you bored of it too?" Seraphina questioned, her hair falling into her face as she leaned forward to peer at David's project.

"No, I quite enjoy the routine of living here. My work is fascinating," David responded, no longer looking at his sister.

"Well, whatever you say big bro. I guess I'll be leaving you then," she said softly, knowing that there was no point in trying to convince David to come with her.

Seraphina nodded her head, this was the right decision for her. She gently tugged at the sleeves of her red kefta, the grey lines reminding her of the order she was in. If she were to stare at the embroidery long enough, she'd probably feel the sadness creep over her so she decided to look back up, where David's eyes were now pleading with hers, his hand wrapped around her wrist.

"Seraphina, you're a well-respected grisha, the moment the Darkling finds out you've abandoned the war effort, he'll have people looking for you in an instant. Is there really no way I can convince you otherwise? Have you even spoken to Zoya about this?"