ELEVEN

┍━━━━ ➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ━━━━┑

𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇

┕━━━━ ➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ━━━━┙

"𝘌𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴
𝘴𝘰 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐
𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘫𝘶𝘮𝘱 𝘪𝘯."

When Seraphina finally made it to her shared quarters, Tamar was nowhere to be seen

When Seraphina finally made it to her shared quarters, Tamar was nowhere to be seen. The room was bigger than the one on the whaler, this ship was sleeker and beautifully built. The architecture was something incredible. Dark oak drawers rested against the walls, random trinkets scattered on top of them.

It was fairly empty, other than a few chests, candles and two beds which Seraphina noted was unusual. Last time she'd slept in here, she shared a bed with Tamar; it was easier and saved resources, it was also quite comfy, Tamar was an excellent cuddle buddy. When Seraphina turned her head, she found Alina curled up on a velvet chair the book about saints in her hands.

Alina was small, kind of like a mouse. Her brown hair was tangled but she definitely looked cleaner since the last time she saw her, in truth, Alina was very pretty.

Seraphina was tired, she wanted to climb into her bed and stay there for as long as possible. Her entire body was sore, and she was certain that bruises had begun to form. Of course she could heal them but it wasn't necessary, they could wait.

"I hope you don't mind, we're roommates now," Alina's voice brought the girl out of her daze, she smiled kindly at her before responding.

"Of course I don't, it's always nice to have another girl here."

Seraphina liked Alina, she had no reason not to. However, she was wary of her. How much did Alina know? She wasn't too sure, things were always complicated when it came to the Darkling. It was possible she knew nothing and Seraphina was being paranoid. The Healer was cautious of new people, especially since her face was still plastered on 'wanted' posters.

She'd never been much of an open book, everybody had their secrets, Seraphina had hers. Some arguably darker than others, the past remained the past. Well, it was supposed to. Seraphina's seemed to be coming back to bite her in the arse.

"Can I um - Can I ask you something personal?"

Seraphina let out a deep breath, sitting herself down on the bed opposite to where Alina was seated. She let her hair down, dark locks cascading down her back like midnight waves. It didn't take her long to remove her shoes. Alina watched her, curiosity swimming in her irises. Was Seraphina perhaps someone she needed? She was close with Sturmhond, she could make sure he kept his word.

"No, but I guess you're going to ask anyway," Seraphina laughed, Alina smiled.

"How do you know the Darkling?"