Chapter 37: The Savior And His Damsel In Distress

Почніть із самого початку

The courtesan knowingly led them to a special side room. Wei Wuxian was surprised. This room was indeed special for it was divided from the main room using a peculiar copper wall. From this wall, one could see the inside of the main room!

The courtesan smiled politely. “Lord and Madam should not worry for this will only let you see the other side but not the other way around.”

It was clear that she’s one of Nie Huaisang’s people and had already met Xue Yang so these words were naturally addressed to the couple. It was just a wonder how she could address Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian properly. Nie Huaisang… seemed to have a close relationship with her.

“Sisi, I had troubled you,” Nie Huaisang replied for them. One could not see a trace of the incompetent Heir Nie from him as he said these words.

The courtesan performed a side curtsy as she looked at Nie Huaisang gratefully, “This lowly one is very much willing… Young Master Nie, Sisi is thankful for everything that you did.”

Sisi’s soft voice was unstable and full of emotions as she said these words to Nie Huaisang. When he heard it, Nie Huaisang’s gaze dimmed as though his resolve had somehow wavered. But Sisi already stood up straight and once again regained her courteous smile.

Sisi, “Sisi is really happy that I met you… farewell.”

The willowy figure turned around, walking away from them. Her every steps were resolute and her small figure carried to it a great conviction.

Wei Wuxian glanced at Nie Huaisang only to see him biting his lower lip. Then he murmured in a low voice, “Farewell.”

Sisi halted her steps. She didn’t turn around but they could hear her melodious chuckle. She then continued walking out of the room. The sound of the sliding and closing of the door was amplified amidst the silence inside the room.

This parting seemed to mean forever...

Nie Huaisang clenched his fist but he still didn’t follow her. He remained like that until sounds came from the main room. The person who came in couldn’t be any more familiar to them, Jin Guangshan! Wei Wuxian was astonished to see the appearance of this man. He clearly remembered that though Jin Guangshan is really perverted, half of the ladies that he played with were actually willing. It was because he was handsome and as a cultivator, looked quite young. But now, this handsome sect leader became bony, his face sunken, and the color of his skin was of unhealthy yellow.

Jin Guangshan came with Sisi who was walking half a step behind him. The two settled down at the table that was already full of drinks and foods.

Nie Huaisang was still not in a good mood so it was Xue Yang who explained the situation. It turned out that it was not Jin Guangshan’s first time coming here. When Sisi served him before, she purposely made him ingest a certain kind of Gu. These parasites that were living off his blood and cultivation weren't actually the reason why Jin Guangshan had become like this. This Gu have the ability to amplify the desires of a man. But these Gus would only have a chance to suck his vitality whenever he would cave in to his desire. In short it was his lecherous nature that made him like this.

But Jin Guangshan will not really die. His desire will only amplify more and more. He will not feel content unless he did it with a woman who also have Gus in her system. But doing it with her is also not a good thing.

Xue Yang continued, “When the Yin meets Yang will be the moment that the Gu will truly mature.”

Wei Wuxian’s eyes widened in apprehension, “You mean…”

“Sisi also ingested it…” This time, it was Nie Huaisang who answered Wei Wuxian.

There are many kinds of Gu but they are the same for a fact that they are made to test the self-control of humans. A man and a woman that were both infected by it should never consummate. As long as they could suppress their desires, these Gus could naturally be also cured.