chapter 76

"So what was Draco doing with that weird-looking cabinet? And who were all those people?" Harry asks.

"Well, from the way you described it, sounds like Draco and his mum, aka Narcissa Malfoy, Fenrir Greyback and possibly some other Death Eaters"

"Don't you see? It was a ceremony, an initiation" Harry continues.

"Stop it, Harry. I know where you're going with this"

"It happened. He's one of them" Harry says.

"One of what?" me and Ron ask.

"Harry's under the impression that Draco Malfoy is now a Death Eater"

"You're barking" Ron says.

"Harry, no way" I defend.

"No, I'm not talking to you" Harry says.

"What? Why?"

"When are you going to clear the elephant in the room?"

"What elephant?" I ask.

"That night Voldemort came back, you called Lucius and Bellatrix 'aunt' and 'uncle'. Don't deny it"

"Yeah, I did"

"Which means Draco's your cousin. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Is anyone going to believe that Harry Potter's sister is Draco Malfoy's cousin?"

"You're not technically my sister"

"Then I don't technically have to tell you anything" I say, then get up and leave the compartment.

I make my way to the Slytherin cart to see Draco inside. I go in and slowly make my way to Draco, everyone staring at me.

"Hey, I really need to talk to you"

"Hello? Are you going to acknowledge me?" Pansy asks, smiling.

"Hey" I say, turning to her and giving her a quick hug "I'll talk to you in the common room"

I turn back to Draco.

"Uh, sure" he says unsurely.

I turn to the door, but black smoke soon covers the compartment and everyone becomes riled up, talking loudly and coughing.

"What was that? Blaise?" Draco asks.

"Don't know" Blaise replies.

"Relax boys. It's probably just a first year messing around" Pansy says.

"Right. Y/N, you wanted to talk to me?" Draco asks, turning to me suddenly.

"Uh, yeah, let's go" I say.

I take his arm and drag him across the train, finding an empty compartment and going in, Draco sitting opposite me.

"Um, I don't know if you know this, but I'm your cousin. I'm Sirius Black's daughter. But I don't want anyone knowing I'm your cousin. People already hate me, and you don't deserve that just because you're related to me. I want you to keep it a secret. From everyone"

"I understand. And thank you. I know what'd happen if people knew we were related"

"And don't tell anyone who my parents were. If anyone asks, just say Harry's parents"

"I got it, Y/N" Draco says, putting his hands on either side of my arms "I understand"

"Okay" I say, nodding my head, knowing he's right.

I go to hug him, but stop myself, getting up and awkwardly going to the door.

"I saw that. Come on" Draco says, getting up and opening his arms.