Chapter 13

"Hermione, move!" I heard Harry yell just as I was entering the bathroom.

The bathroom doors were smashed off, probably by the troll's giant club, and Hermione was hiding under planks of wood that used to be the doors.

"Help! Help!" Hermione called while Harry and Ron started throwing bits of wood at the troll.

"What are you doing? That's not gonna do anything!" I say, looking between the troll, Harry and Ron.

"You're not doing anything!" Ron yells back at me "Hey, pea brain!" Ron called to the troll and threw a piece of wood, it hitting the troll's face.

The troll turn to us and Hermione makes a crawl for it, hiding under the sink. The troll sees her and takes its club, swinging it at the sink and destroying it. Luckily, Hermione moved out of the way, screaming.

"Help!"

I quickly take out my wand and pointing it at the troll. I make the movement of a tick and say 'Flipendo' loud and clearly, knocking the troll back a bit. Harry takes out his wand and runs to the troll, jumping on its club just before he swung.

Harry gets lifted into the air and landed on the troll's shoulders, sitting on it as if it were giving him a ride. The troll started shaking around to get Harry off but Harry shoved his wand up its nose.

"Ew!" Ron says and Hermione looks disgusted.

The troll sneezes and started shaking its head again, grabbing Harry leg and holding him upside down.

"Do something!" Harry yelled and the troll swings his club at Harry, but Harry quickly lifts himself up before it hits him.

"What?!" Ron asks, looking around like he's lost.

"Anything!" Harry yells and dodges another swing from the troll. Ron quickly pulls out his wand "Hurry up!"

"Swish and flick" Hermione directs.

"Wingardium Leviosa" Ron casts and just as the troll was about to swing, his club was held up in mid air.

The troll looked at it's hand, confused, then slowly looked up, the club falling onto its head.

"Cool" Ron says lightly and the troll let's Harry go.

The troll starts swishing around uncontrollably and Harry quickly backs up as it walks towards us. I quickly grabs Harry's arms and pull him towards me and Ron. It drops just in front of us and Hermione gets up, slowly walking to us.

"It is... Dead?" Hermione asks and Harry goes forwards, standing next to its head.

"I don't think so. Just knocked out" Harry says and takes his wand out of its nose, snot getting pulled by it "Ew. Troll bogies" Harry says and cleans off his wand with his robes.

As he did so, 3 teachers came into the bathroom. McGonagall, Snape and Quirrell. McGonagall gasps loudly and places her hand on her heart.

"Okay. Oh, my goodness! E- explain yourselves, all 3 of you!" McGonagall says, making hand gestures at me, Harry and Ron to explain why we are here and why the troll is knocked out.

"Well, what it is-"

"You see-"

"It's my fault, professor" Hermione interrupts and we all turn to her.

"Miss Granger?" McGonagall asks in disbelief.

"I went looking for the troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it... But I was wrong. If Harry, Ron and Y/N hadn't come and found me... I'd probably be dead"

"Be that as it may, it was an extremely foolish thing to do" McGonagall says and while she does, I smell blood.

I look around a little and see Snape's leg covered in blood. He quickly covers it with his cloak that looks like a vampire cape.

"I would've expected more rational behaviour on your part and am very disappointed in you, Miss Granger. 5 points will be taken from Gryffindor... For your serious lack of judgement" she looks at the troll then me, Harry and Ron, pausing for a split second "As for you 3... I just hope you realise how fortunate you are. Not many first year students could take on a full grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale. 5 points... Will be awarded to the each of you.. for sheer dumb luck" McGonagall says before leaving with Snape.

"P- perhaps you ought to go. It might wake up" professor Quirrell says and points to the corridor. We all leave but I hear him shout after the troll roars in its sleep.

"Good of you to get us out of trouble like that" Harry says.

"Mind you, we did save her life" Ron says.

"Mind you, she might not have needed saving if you hadn't insulted her" Harry points out and Hermione turns to Ron.

"Yeah, if you never said that to her, she never would've run off and I could enjoy my evening with Fred" I say to Ron.

"Fred?" Ron asks.

"Oh, we were gonna prank Filch" I say quickly.

"What are friends for?" Ron says, going back to mine and Harry's point and Hermione looks at him, then smiles.

"Could I come to the Gryffindor common room with you guys? I wanna see the twins" I say.

"Sure" Harry says and I follow them to Gryffindor tower.

As soon as I walk in, people start giving me looks and Percy comes up to me.

"Sorry, but wrong common room" Percy says politely.

"I know. I just wanted to talk to-"

"Y/N!" Fred cuts me off and runs to me, hugging me.

I blush and hug him back tightly.

"What are you doing here?" George asks and gives me a thumbs up from behind Fred.

"Aren't you meant to be in the Slytherin common room?" Fred asks and we pull away.

"Well, I was, but me, Harry and Ron fought off the troll and saved Hermione" I say excitedly and George quickly pulls me into a hug.

"Did you get hurt? How are you even alive?" George's asks and we pull away.

I turn to Fred and he was looking at George intently again.

"I don't know but I'm glad you guys didn't sneak out or anything" I say, holding both of their arms "I better get to my common room or Draco will probably snitch" I say and hug the 2 again, kissing their cheeks "Bye"

"Bye" they say together and I head to the door, or portrait.

"Y/N, you still on for the challenge?" Fred asks, being careful that Percy is here.

"I'm not backing out" I say.

"Not yet" Fred says and I scoff.

"Oh, we'll see" I say and wink at him.

He blushes lightly and winks back before I leave the common room, heading to my own.