chapter 35

"You 3 realise, of course, that in the past few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules"

"Yes, sir" me, Harry and Ron say together.

"There is sufficient evidence to have you 3 expelled"

"Yes sir"

"Therefore, it is only fitting... That you 3 receive... Special Awards for Services to the School" Dumbledore says, smiling at us.

I look at him in thanks and smile brightly.

"Thanks sir" Ron says lightly. Dumbledore nods his head.

"Now, Mr Weasley, if you would... Have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban" Dumbledore says, getting out of his seat and giving Ron a piece of parchment "I believe we... We want our Gamekeeper back"

"I'll come with you" I say to Ron. He nods his head as I run to his side, then walk out the door with him.

~~~~~

"Harry. It's Hermione" I hear Neville say at the end of year feast
I shot my head up at this and look to the giant doors of the Great Hall, seeing Hermione standing there. I stand as Hermione smiles, running to Harry and Ron. I run to them and Hermione reaches us, hugging Harry tightly. She lets go and was about to hug Ron, but pauses.

"Uh... Um..." Ron says as he and Hermione look at each other, but they just shake hand "W- welcome back, Hermione"

"It's good to be back"

"Come here!" I yell and latch onto her, hugging her tightly. She hugs me back, just as tight, before we pull away, smiling at each other "I'm so glad you're okay"

"Me too. Congratulations. I can't believe you solved it" Hermione says.

"Well, we had loads of help from you. We couldn't have done it without you" Harry points out as me and Ron are smiling at her.

"Thanks" Hermione says.

McGonagall taps a spoon against her glass several times.

"Could I have your attention, please?" she calls.

Harry, Ron and Hermione sit at the Gryffindor table as I sit at the Slytherin table opposite Draco and next to Pansy. I smile at Draco but he gives me a dirty look. Dumbledore stands.

"Before we begin the feast... Let us have a round of applause for professor Sprout, Madam Pomfrey... Who's Mandrake juice has been so successful administered... To all who had been Petrified" Dumbledore says. The room bursts into claps and a few cheers for the teachers, who humbly took the applause from all student and teachers "Also, in light of the recent events... As a school treat... All exams have been cancelled" Dumbledore says and sits down.

The room was filled with cheers again as I cheer loudly, not wanting to do my exams.

The door and the Great Hall open again as Hagrid became visible for everyone to see.

"Sorry I'm late" Hagrid says as there is silence ringing across the room. Dumbledore sits forward in his seat "The owl that delivered my release papers got lost and confused. Some ruddy bird called Errol" Hagrid says and walks over to the trio "And I'd just like to say, that if it hadn't been for you, Harry... And Ron... And Hermione and Y/N of course, I would ah... I'd still be you-know-where. So I'd just like to say thanks"

"There's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid" Harry says and hugs him. Hagrid starts crying, but Dumbledore gets up and starts clapping.

The other teachers start clapping and Harry pulls away, doing the same. The rest of the hall echoes with applause as I get up.