Chapter 1

Nikki's POV

I was walking down the street, in front of the enormous Eifel tower, planning to go home and I decided to wait for a taxi but suddenly, my phone rang and it broke the silence. I looked at it and saw a word that says, Liam, which was my husbands name. I answered the call and I placed the phone beside my right ear.
"Hey, Where are you now?" I heard his manly voice on the line, I smiled.

"Oh, I'm currently waiting for a taxi. I'm going home," I said.

"Okay. Bye, I love you,"

"Bye, I love you too—" I cut my words when I heard a police mobile's siren.

I stopped walking at the side of the street, I heard my husband calling me but I didn't respond. There were a lot of policemen who had guns and they secured the area, there was a commotion all around and the police forced us to leave the whole place, they pulled us away.

There was a raid going on so the police came around a building where people were inside, there were also people running away from it.

As far as I know, Paris has a low violent crime rate and one of the lowest murder rates in the whole U.S.A but more in New York. Suddenly, with no reason for myself, I stopped and everything, every single traumatic thing came back to my mind after thinking of New York City. Memories that I wish I never had, visited me again.

I moved backward, tried to avoid the noise, and the people who were going crazy to run away and save their selves. And I didnt want to move forward. Then memories came back to my mind.

- March 2019

When I checked the time on my phone, it was three in the afternoon. I decided to go home by myself because no one was available to pick me up. My mom wasnt able available because there was no one to watch over my grandmother who was at the hospital and my dad was in Canada for some business.

I was born as an only child and we were a simple, wealthy family who lived in New York. I was in the middle of walking on the street alone when a black van blocked my way. The door opened and guys in black t-shirts with masks that covered their faces came to me. I cant remember everything that happened but they lend a red handkerchief and placed it close to my nose

I tried to fight but I wasnt able to escape, I tried to shout but I wasnt able to. Then  I felt something unusual, it was like my head was spinning and my vision got blurry, in the end... all things around me blacked out.

When I woke up, the noise of people who were crying surrounded my ears. My eyes were all so blurry.

I tried to stand up from where I was laying down, then gray walls were all that I first saw. There were only a few people who were probably also my age. I looked around, still trying to find myself. Until I realized that I was kidnapped.

All people who were around me were still so messed up and unfamiliar, but I remember when someone grabbed me, the black van and the men behind the masks. I suddenly raid myself and got a little bit of panic, I looked at them and I got so nervous and I wanted to run.

There was a girl beside me, a guy a few steps away from me, and another guy who had his back turned from us. A group of girls and boys were sitting together beside a wall, three girls were crying together and a strange guy was sitting beside me.

I backed out away from them. I stood up and I approached a door there and slammed it with my hands. "Help! Help me, please!" I shouted, feeling like I was crazy, and desperate to escape.

"Hey!  Dont be stupid ok? No one could help us here." A girl said but I didn't look at her because I didn't care about anything that they were saying.

The only thing that was on my mind was to escape there.

"Help! Help me!" The door opened and some of us got quiet. I looked at two strange familiar guys behind the mask, and they were looking at me too.

"You!" I pointed to the two of them. "Let go of me!" I said, they looked at each other and they didnt say a word, just kept their mouths shut and looked too serious.

It was like didnt hear anything from me so I continued, What do you want from me?

They were also shocked when I suddenly knelt in front of them and clung to their legs just to beg them to let me go, I was sure that my mom was worried about me.

Please. Help me escape here, please." They ignored me, didnt even look at me and just kept their eyes on the door.

I stood up and my knees were shaking with so much nervousness and I was also scared of what the guy said, but then... I felt mad. I shouted again, I slapped another guy but he pushed me and then I accidentally ended up sitting on the floor. But it felt like nothing happened when the guy got back to his position.

I couldn't move. I wasnt able to.

I had no choice but to look for a place where I could sit down all alone. Tears fell from my eyes, my face felt a little bit itchy when tears rolled down. I sat on the floor, feeling alone because no one said a word to me.

Tears and tears fell from my face every single second that passed by. But suddenly, a guy sat beside me, lending out a handkerchief from his jeans pocket. With no words, he gave it to me but I asked, Is this safe? but he didnt answer. He just gave it to me and I used it to wipe my eyes filled with tears.

Thank you, he looked at me and arrowed his hands closer to mine, introducing himself. Zach. I looked at his hands but doubted to grab them. But he was the only one who looked fresh and nice. Nikki, he nodded his head and looked away.
Since when have you been here? I asked.

Like an hour ago, he replied.

So you mean Im not the only new one here, I said, he nodded his head then I finally knew the reason why he was the only one who looked neat and nice. He was a stranger. A stranger I never met. But I had no choice but to accept him as my friend.