Chapter 7...

Chapter 7

Dedicated to Lucy for always being there for me and loving my story P.S I promise that it does get happier ( For a While at least).

________________________________________________________________________________

"Elle, Elle, Elle!" Alec wispered in my ear. I'd had to stay in hospital for a week, but every day before and after school Alec had been there, going through algebra or jsut sharing the latest gossip. But now it was time to go home and I couldn't wait.

"Yeah, I'm up." I turned around to face Alec. He was bending down so his face was close to mine. "Morning," I wispered. Alec gave me a quick kiss on the lips and then corrected me.

"It's afternoon now acctually Elle, but you're mum's just talking to Dr Law and your dad's in the car. It's time to go home Elle!" Alec was genuinly excited about me going home and I was too but the amounts of pills I had to take. especially now because they don't know how to slow down the progresion of my symptoms.

"Yay!" I said sleepily while throwing my fist patheticly in the air.

"Haha!" Alec said sarcasticly. "Right you, in the chair." Alec stood up, swung the wheelchair and patted it, signaling me to sit in it. I sat up swung my legs around so they were dangling off the edge.

"I'm not getting into that thing Alec. I want to leave here with at least a shred of dignaty!" My voice was small but still strong.

"Oh c'mon you know they won't let you just walk out of here and I'm offering to push." Now that was an offer I couldn't resist, even if it wasn't comming from Alec's sweet pale pink lips.

"Oh OK then." I said through a huge smile as I went to lift myself off the bed and into the chair.

"No, no, let me do that." Alec swept him arms under my knees, picked me up and placed me in the chair. He wheeled me out to meet mum and then home I went.

                                                                                      *

"I heard she was pregnant"

"I heard she was faking it and she got suspened"  I was getting tired of the wispers now but I knew that if I told them the truth they wouldn't believe me. Alec held my hand as we walked around the school that lunch time.

"So what's up with you and Alice then?" Ever since I'd gone into hospital Alice had been avoiding me like the plague and I didn't know why. Now Alec wanted to know and I didn't know what to tell him.

"I don't know, she's been ignoring me since last week and didn't come to visit me once." I stopped lokked at the floor and then up at Alec.

"Do you want me to talk to her later?" Alec looked at me, grabed me by the waist and pulled me in towards him.

"No it's ok I'll talk to her in P.E. tomorrow." I said that but I didn't think that I meant it.

"OK, that reminds me." Alec sounded like he had something exciting to say. " Do you wanna come round tonight?"

"Oh I don't know I'd rather talk to Alice first." If Alice was anoyed with me then I definatly didn't want to round to her house and anoy her even more.

"No, she's going out. Mum' got this charity ball thing and she invited us last week and i wasn't sure if you were going to be out of hospital in time." alec sounded really excited.

"What? so we're going to be home alone?" I think I sounded scared but I wasn't.

"Yeah is that ok?" Alec's smile faded as he thought I might say no.

"No Its fine" a huge smile appered across my face. "Shall I be round about half five?"