Chapter 4....

• Dedicated to Alex Green

Chapter 4

Dedicated to Alex Green for giving me the description of the character Alec 

________________________________________________________________________________

Because we diagnosed my condition early enough the doctors were able to give me some medication. it won't cure me, so far they've found nothing that will, but it will reduce the severity of my symptoms and hopefully give me a few more years. as i explained this all to Alice i could see the smile fade from her face and the tears begin to fall down her cheek.

"stop it Alice if you cry i'll cry and if Alec sees us both crying he's gonna wanna know whats wrong. and i don't want to tell him." I had told myself that i wouldn't cry and I was doing pretty well. Alice on the other hand was not.

"so when are you going to tell him?" Alice said fighting back the tears.

"I'm not" i replayed with solemness in my voice.

"What? You have to." Alice shouted at me.

"What so he can worry about me 24/7, want to spend every last second with me and then worry about breaking up with me even if he doesn't like me because I'm dying? I'm only telling you and the teachers. that's it so don't you go telling anyone OK?" the look in Alice gave me I'd seen before. I just went and hugged her, and we stood and cried in front of her house while we waited for Alec.

"hey babe" i looked up from where i was burying my head in Alice's shoulder to she an amazingly gorgeous tall well built 16 year old boy with long black wispy hair that had created its own side fringe, his gorgeous green eyes looked up form his white school shirt and grey jumper to reveal those gorgeous pale pick lips she had kissed less that 24 hours before.

"hey Alec" I said trying desperately to hide the tears. but it was no good, he came rushing down the steps to his house and grabbed me by the waist and pulled me closer to him.

"what's wrong?" he asked as i nestled into his shoulder.

"I don't want to tell you, not yet at least" i said preparing myself for the persuasion that was bound to follow.

"OK" he replayed shocking me to my core. "you can tell me when you're ready and i won't ask again." that was it. as soon as the words left his lips i knew that i loved him but i wasn't going to tell him, not yet at least i had to see if he loved me too first.

"guys" Alice interrupted our deep gazing into each others eyes."we have to be in school in like 10 minutes so you might want to hurry up" Alec grabbed me by the hand and dragged me along behind him as we ran up the road to school.

I was Happy again.