Interval 03: Fallen Memories

Closing in the city limits, Daniel tried to contact Johann in the radio.

Daniel: Bravo 0-2 to Bravo 0-1 Actual, do you read me? Bravo 0-1 Actual, are you there? This is Colonel Daniel Dinglasan, piloting a captured enemy helicopter, callsign Zero, Whiskey, Quebec, Five, Five, Nine, Zero, One, over.
Radio: .....
Daniel: Damn it, they can't hear me. They must be a bit stranded.

The helicopter's fuel is low, he has no other choice but to land on the suburban residential area checkpoint.

System A.I.: Caution, fuel low. Caution, fuel low.
Daniel: Got to land in the military checkpoint at the residential area, no choice but to ditch this thing. Better luck next time or someone else can take it.

The helicopter lands successfully on the ground. Daniel exited and goes on foot to find the Rhinestone Squad.

There is an unknown signal on the radio, containing a female voice.

Koyuki (Radio): This is Himekawa, I'm in a secure encrypted channel. TETRACORP death squads are everywhere, they're killing everyone in the city and covering up the entire incident. Situation is going critical. If anybody can hear this, get to our squad's location.
Daniel: Koyuki, report. Can you hear me?
Koyuki (Radio): Daniel? You need to get here now, we have an emergency.
Daniel: Where is the rest of the team?
Koyuki (Radio): They're hiding in a safehouse. I'm also on my way there as well.
Daniel: Good. I should get to their location through the suburban residence. Daniel, out.

In the distance, there is a Public Announcement system from an APC.

TETRACORP P.A.: To all sheltered surviving citizens, please remain calm, cooperate, and come with us. We will escort you out of the city and get you in contact with the government authorities.

He hid behind a broken car. As they passed by, he went inside in one of the suburban houses.

One of the corporate soldiers are guarding a backyard entrance. He sneaked behind him and knocked him out.

Going through the backyard entrance and inside to another house, there a bloody drawings on the wall. One of them contains a drawn figure of Fav.

Suddenly, a door closes from another room.

*door slam*

He opens it to find nothing there, but a bloody painting of an eye. He goes up the stairs, and sees a TV flickering messages of regrets or hatred.

*static*
*flickering *

"MOMMY, PLEASE SAVE ME"

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US?! WE HATE YOU!"

Daniel: ....It's coming from those who died.

He moved to the other side of the house downstairs.

Outside the house, the spotlights open and corporate soldiers ambush him.

Corporate Soldier: Hit the lights! Get him!
*gunfire noises*

Daniel used his reflex and shot down many of the enemies. The enemy's ambush failed as they were taken out quickly.

Advancing on the other side of the suburban residential area, he finds an REV9 Powered Armor unpiloted. He piloted it and is now on the move.

System A.I.: Navigation and Armaments Fully Functional. Systems Check Complete.

*electrical whirring*

He broke through a house wall, surprising more enemies.

*wall break*

Corporate Soldier 1: What the hell?! Incoming!
Corporate Soldier 2: Command, this is Echo Zero Five! Enemy has acquired light powered armor!

The Powered Armor fires the mounted cannons on its arms.

*cannon fire*

It broke through another house wall, arriving outside. The path is blocked by a fence, and there is a broken part, where he can climb through.

He leaves the REV9, and climbs over some boxes and circumvented the fence.

On another house with the lights flickering, there are wall holes broken by the enemy.

*footsteps*
*snarling*

Daniel: ...

In front of his eyes is an Occultist, a civilian who is driven insane by the psychic influence of the Homunculi.

It charges and swings its wrench at him, Daniel used his combat knife and CQC. The Occultist is down.

More of the Occultists appears and starts running towards him. He took them all down.

*gunfire and knife sounds*

After a serious fight, he leaves the building through a broken wall.

He is now in the rendezvous point, contacting them via radio.

Daniel: Bravo 0-2 to Bravo 0-1 Actual, do you read me? Respond. This is Colonel Daniel Dinglasan, to any CCSS forces on this channel, respond immediately.

There is no response. However, a US Soldier appears.

US Soldier: Star! Or we will fire on you!
Daniel: Texas!

Johann comes out from the hiding spot.

Johann: Marines! Stand down!

The US Soldiers come out of the hiding spots.

Daniel: Johann, where's the rest of the team? Koyuki told me they were here.
Johann: They're sent to another location, Alpha and Charlie team are out to find the whereabouts of the Homunculi, while fighting against enemy to support the government allies. Bravo team is here, with some friendly company. Mimori's orders are to continue with the main mission.
Daniel: Good. We need to move.