Run...

Korra's pov...

As i ran down the street my breathing was going up, causing my human lungs to start to burn from the lack of oxygen. After swimming in the ocean my skin was once again had no marks on it, which is a good sign, now i can have more time to search on land. During the search i was a little hungry and the pain in my stomach from starvation wasn't really going to help while i continue searching. I knew i could handle it, but not as much as i think. Underwater where i live it was an order to eat what you hunt. There was no reason to catch a fish one second and then set it free the next. That would be a waste of both time and energy for our real dangers ahead of us under the sea. It shouldn't be that hard to hunt for food on land right? I just need a spear and go hunt for any tiny little creature that i could find and if that doesn't work i'm going to have to lure a few people into the sea for supper.  Feeling the pain of starvation could go a little unbearable so i knew i had to start searching. I walked around the land, every corner, every sign, even every building and there was nothing that was pleasing. While searching i was also making signals, calling for my sister the best way i could. I signalled for her 3 times and for some reason i still had no connection to her.

I began to worry. The thought of the pain she been through could turn me mad. My stomach growled, taking my mind off of Kuvira for a while. Hunger was the only thing keeping me from worrying. I stood up off the grass i was sitting on and roamed around town, searching again for something, anything...maybe the earth mermaid wouldn't care if i eat another one of their bunnies....right? It's not like they'll miss them or anything. I bet they don't even name them because they are creatures not their sea pets. I got to say i would go back to the sea and find more food from there but for some reason i smelled no blood whatsoever and besides i don't think the earth mermaids would like that idea, due to the incident.

As i continued to keep searching high and low for food i was slowly starting to lose hope. It's been 20 minutes and i still haven't found anything whatsoever but with warriors it is our duty to never give up no matter how tough it'll be and that includes searching for food. As i kept searching around the human world i was immediately stopped by the smell of blood that have roamed through my nose. In response my nose twitched a little, telling me where to go and how to find the food. And without any choice i've decided it would be best ( Which it would) to follow that scent down the land grounds until i've reached it's destination. As i walked further and further into the land the  smell of fish was getting closer and becoming more stronger than it was when i was 4 miles away. Just by the very thought of having fish again my mouth watered a little until i reached its location.

 The place was huge and surrounded by water. If the  food was underwater i would've known and stuck my hand inside the water and started to search for it, but surprisingly that's not where the smell was coming from, which greatly confused me because that's where most of our food would process. Shaking that thought away I looked up through this tall human place  to see lights shining through the location where the fish must be. I didn't find no problem in climbing up the place since i do have very strong and sharp claws. But the very part of this place that intrigues me is that this place is filled with sounds of human cheers and shouts and words that i do not understand as they talk at the same time. As i climbed the place where the fish was being held i met an open spot where i took a little peek to see what was going on. And  Just like humans we mermaids have an arena. Usually it's a warrior vs a giant Hammerseal or something even bigger than that. If you're lucky you might be able to kill the beast and eat it for dinner, but if not i pass my condolence to you.

Once i fully made it inside i started to once again use my nose to track down the smell. I didn't know what part of the arena i was in nor did i care, all i was really looking for was the food. As i kept searching my nose trickled in a simple direction. Following it I turned my head towards the smells see a dark box that was sitting motionlessly by the corner of this tiny place. Hunger getting the best of me i head towards it's location and without warning i used my claws to rip the box open to see thousands, maybe even millions of fish. I know it was wrong to eat someone else's fish but this is survival and when it comes down to survival you have to get what you can get rather if it's wrong or not. The location was dark, mainly because this tiny place didn't really have as much light as i thought it would. But the moon was shining through the open window so it really wasn't a problem for me. Not being able to resist any longer i grabbed one single fish and started to feast upon it.  The first bite was absolute heaven, maybe even more due to how scaley the fish was, and that's what i like about our fish, couldn't be more scalier. I chewed on the food that wasn't provided for me until the lights fully turned on....