8. THE CHRISTMAS MIX-UP (RANSOM DRYSDALE)

originally published december 20, 2021

request: Angst? Ransom cheating on reader during Xmas and she finds out on Xmas day cause the present he got her is mixed up with the other persons? Maybe a initials themed thing or even a ring? Ooo maybe the person turns up with the ring and says "I'll marry you" while readers there like 😐 what

pairing: ransom drysdale x fem!reader

summary: ransom pays the price of mixing up his mail.

word count: 533

warnings?: angst, cheating, no happy ending, not proofread

note: this was written between november 8-17, 2021.

You were convinced you heard it wrong. No, no, no, no. This wasn't...Ransom Drysdale was a lot of things, but you had never pegged him as a cheater. Not when you told him how much you loathed cheaters. He wouldn't do this to you. He loved you...Didn't he?

And yet, there she stood, in the middle of your living room, beaming a megawatt smile at Ransom, flashing a gorgeous diamond ring on her left ring finger. God, the audacity of it all...You couldn't believe that this was happening, that this was your reality.

Ransom looked at you, his heart dropping. "Y/N, it's not what it looks like."

"Yeah?" you said. "Cause I think it's exactly what it looks like."

"It's not, I promise—"

"Seriously? You think I give a shit about your promises when you're fucking your secretary? And you send her a fucking ring?! ON CHRISTMAS!?"

"It wasn't supposed to be a ring! It was supposed to be a notice of termination—"

"What?" she said, her smile fading.

"Oh, but you are fucking her? God, I bet you were going to fire her so it wouldn't look bad on you to be screwing your employees. You make me fucking sick!" You frowned. "Wait a goddamn minute, how do you fuck up that badly? A ring and a fucking notice of termination are wildly different!"

"It was just one time! Y/N, petal, please—"

"Don't you fucking dare!" you snapped, crossing the room, walking towards the door. Ransom followed after you, apologies falling from his mouth. "I don't ever want to see you again."

"Please, it didn't mean anything."

"I'm sure that's exactly what your dad said when your mom threatened to leave him." As you pulled on your coat, then your snow boots, you took a moment to look at him. "You act like you're so much better than your family, but you're not. You're just as pathetic as them. God, I wish I had listened to Harlan when he told me I'd be happier if I ran as far away from you all as possible."

"He said that?"

"And he was fucking right about it, too. Said that you weren't a good man and—wait. When...When did this happen?"

"I don't—"

"When did you fuck her?!" you repeated, praying that you were wrong. You couldn't...No, you couldn't be right.

"Just before Harlan's birthday," Ransom muttered. "I had a meeting with him, and she came over to drop off some papers I forgot and...I was so frustrated with him that I texted her to meet me in the bathroom and—"

CRACK!

The sound of you slapping him echoed through the house, his hand coming up to rub at his jaw. Your hand stung as you stared at him, barely managing to spit out, "Oh my god, Harlan was trying to warn me about what a fucking loser you are!"

"I'm sorry..."

"Me too. You know, I hope she makes you happy."

"She doesn't—"

"Well, that sucks, 'cause you threw everything you could've had away for her. And now she's all you're left with." You opened the door, the cold air hitting you. "Merry fucking Christmas, bitch."