1. DECK THE HALLS (RANSOM DRYSDALE)

originally published december 13, 2021

request: You choose cause ransoms been requested a lot. Idk who'll fit this best. "It's the 1st of November, what's this?" "Xmas stuff for today of course" "it's not Xmas" "get out" Use it as you will. I can't use it for my story cause I've done a complete 180 on it 😅

pairing: ransom drysdale x fem!reader

summary: you get ransom into the christmas spirit.

word count: 446

warnings?: fluff, not proofread

note: this was written between november 8-13, 2021.

Christmas was, perhaps, one of your favorite holidays

Christmas was, perhaps, one of your favorite holidays. There was just something magical about it all. The colors, the decorations, the foods, the atmosphere—everything. And sure, there were downsides of winters, but there were so many amazing things, too. Stealing your boyfriend's sweaters. Cuddling in front of the fireplace. Baking cookies. Decorating gingerbread houses with your boyfriend. God, it was all so amazing.

You were a bit of a Christmas nut, suffice to say. As soon as Halloween ended, all of the spooky and fall-themed decorations were taken down, tucked away for next year. And the Christmas lights and tree and ornaments and nutcrackers were dragged out, the halls all decked in holiday cheer.

The best part of Christmas this year was that it was your first one since you moved in with your boyfriend, Ransom. And he had the most beautiful house you'd ever seen. And you couldn't wait to decorate every, single square inch of it.

Ransom wasn't as excited, it seemed. He had gone out for lunch with some of his friends and when he came back, it was as if he walked into a winter wonderland.

"What the hell happened?" he asked, his pretty blue eyes wide as he took in the scene before.

You'd already broken out the ugly Christmas sweaters. This one was actually kind of cute. It was vintage, something you thrifted years ago. Black with red poinsettias and tiny green leaves dotted around the sweater. Glitter covered you from head to toe—a result, he realized, of the many ornaments hanging from the ten-foot tall tree. Where the hell did you get that from? It certainly hadn't come from your former apartment...Did you go to the store without him realizing? Or had you ordered it online? But wouldn't he have noticed the box?

"Merry Christmas!" you said as you walked over. You had tinsel in your hands and you threw it over his head so it would be wrapped around his neck. You pulled down, and he let you, his head ducking so he could kiss.

"It's November first," he mumbled against your lips. "What the hell have you done to our home?"

"I've made it festive!" you said, pulling away, peering up at him with wide eyes. "It's Christmastime!"

"Christmas is over a month away," he laughed, pressing a kiss to the top of your head.

"Get out."

"What?"

"I won't stand for this disrespect! It's Christmas! You're being a mean old grinch, and I don't like it!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, baby," he said. "If I put the topper on the tree, would that earn me my forgiveness?"

"You have to kiss me under the mistletoe, too."

"Done."