It changes when the old lady dies and the gang who rules the area asks for money, the land of the old woman was taken, and Doyoung isn't powerful enough to fight with them. Doyoung closes the shop and works part-time jobs to earn money. The shop is the last memory of the old woman that takes care of him. Someday, he would buy the land and name it to himself and live there opening a small restaurant. It has always been his dream. 

--

"Oh, Doyoung-ssi is here! Thanks, man! I badly need to go because... you know, my nights are calling for me! I need to go bar hopping!!!!" Ten gazes at him with glee. Doyoung didn't understand why Ten is working at the convenience store when he is rich. Yes, Ten is fifty rich and he didn't know about it since last week. He technically drives a porch and Doyoung has his mouth open when Ten winks at him telling him he did just buy it that day and be able to deliver it to his workplace. That's how outrageous Ten personality is. 

Ten is the type of person who is outgoing and adventurous. He couldn't figure him out and he remained mysterious even after being co-workers for nearly half a year.

"Yeah, thank you for waiting till now." Doyoung retorted. He wears his uniform and walks near the cashier to record and sign in his account. 

"You know what? Why don't we hang out for like.... we've been acquaintances for six months now and you're the only person I know who has no glitters in life. You go to work every day and have no break or fun. How about you come to me now? Don't worry, I have people I know to work for you and still get your pay." Ten explains, not giving Doyoung chances to interrupt. 

"No." Ten twitches receiving a cold rejection. Luckily enough, Doyoung isn't close with Ten to think of his feelings. He did not trust Ten and that's only the reason why he said no to him. 

"That's cold of you pal." Ten said, looking intensely at Doyoung. He could feel his nape run chills and hissed because of how he was scared to meet the gaze of his co-worker. 

"Hmm, well, at least I could accept it now since we're not hanging out for real. I'll ask you next time." Doyoung wanted to say something to reject him again but Ten is out of his sight. He is already outside with his sparky car and waves a goodbye when he sees Doyoung gawking at him. He smirks. 

--

Doyoung spent his night checking the inventory on the rack of snacks. It's near his break as he checks the time, he eats rice yesterday and Doyoung plans to eat ramyun today because of his tight budget. He puts down the record papers and plans to mop the floor before he goes to eat. 

The door chimes and two men walk into the store. Doyoung quickly went to the cashier area and waited for the customers to come to him, buying whatever they wanted.

"Is this Ten's store?" The guy who has a weird accent asked his companion. 

"Apparently. He said that he could find him here but where the hell is he?" The tall man asked but still roamed around the store. 

Doyoung heard everything they were talking and silently sighs because he knew that it was Ten's friends. 

"Hyung, can we buy jellies? I know I still have them at home but these babies are seducing me." the guy who looked like a puppy said and gathered all the jellies he found in the rack. 

"Are you kidding me Lee Jeno? We don't have time for that! We need to find Ten and get this over with! I have a date!" The tall guy shouted but the younger male just rolled his eyes and still got his jellies and ran in Doyoung's direction. 

"Hi. All of these." Jeno smiles at Doyoung and Doyoung really thinks of him as a puppy. 

"Ya! No! We couldn't. We have work!" The tall man said but still got his black card and handed it to Doyoung. 

"Thanks, Johnny hyung!" Jeno smiled wide and waited for Doyoung to pack his jellies. 

"By the way, I haven't seen Ten." Johnny's brows rise and look at Doyoung processing his payment. 

"He's out of duty." Doyoung coldly told them and handed back his card and smiled at Jeno thanking him for the purchase. 

"I mean, aren't you Ten's friend too? Can you call him for us?" Johnny said and looked weirdly at Doyoung who did not even flinch when he met his gaze. 

"I don't care about my co-worker's life and we're not friends." Doyoung retorted truthfully. He wears a poker face but he can see how the two of them gaze at him with surprise.

"Oh, that's new. Ten is the type of person who is friends with everyone like anyone." Johnny said but mostly aware talking with himself. 

Doyoung did not answer them and walked away to get the map he abandoned and collect it again to use. He ignored the two men peeking at him and after nearly a minute. They walked out of the store which gave Doyoung peace of breath. He continues to map and after a while, he eats his ramyun.