Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Doyoung sighs exasperated. At the end of the meeting, Taeyong suggests that they need to move to a different place until the 'misunderstandings' between the two sides end. And he was willing to lend Doyoung one of the apartment units near his home with high security so they will be protective. He couldn't understand why the man is helping him at this lent but Kun had a beaming satisfaction on his face, he seems not bothered that his boss was being generous to him, he even offers Doyoung a secretary position at his company which receives a frown from that Jaehyun guy. 

He snorted, while Chenle was talking about his family and how badly he wanted to inform them about this mishap. Taeyoung suggests waiting for a little bit until he gives a signal. The organization after Chenle's life is a lot more influential and has lots of networks, and Taeyong didn't want to push their luck until he didn't know who were the people who would help the other side. He beams at Chenle, a fond smile painted on his beautiful face and Doyoung has no reason to speak more. The conditions are too good to be true but Kun said earlier that Chenle's family also has a deep connection to his business and they are willing to give him a hand for the decades of partnerships. He looks natural telling it to them but Doyoung's gut feeling tricks him into feeling the discomfort. 

"So for now, you need to move into my place." Taeyong has a soft voice, and his boba eyes are glistening in the morning sun. He looks excited while Jaehyun sighs exhausted at the meeting that didn't even last longer than twenty minutes. 

--

It's been less than 24 hours since Doyoung settled in the new place. They moved into a costly apartment which was triple his annual salary. He was still in awe checking out the place where he can see the vast view of skyscrapers in Seoul. Chenle sighs beside him, he looks like he was used to this kind of environment but he still looks worried as he notices Doyoung being uncomfortable. 

"Hyung, I have money. I mean this money is my own savings that we could use if you aren't comfortable staying here." Chenle has a troubled expression on his face. He looks bothered about Doyoung's opinion that the older man feels bad for acting like it. 

"No, I'm fine. I simply feel different, but it will be okay. Your safety is my priority. Jaemin will surely like this place." Doyoung offered a smile while Chenle nodded his head, still not convinced. He settled to check the rooms and asked if Doyoung wanted a particular one but the older man shook his head, he said that anything will be fine. Chenle looks ecstatic about it and chooses the wider room. Doyoung watches the younger back. 

"I will fetch Jaemin now, lock the door, and make sure to check first if someone knocked or beep the bell. Call me if something happens. We still don't have stocks so I try to buy take-outs." Doyoung mumbles, after wearing his flannel. Chenle pouted at him, wanting to come too but he was not allowed in the meantime. 

"Just burgers Hyung, Jaemin hyung will surely cook us dinner anyway." Chenle shrugs and focuses on his phone. Doyoung stares linger at the younger before sighing and bidding him goodbye. 

"Take care." 

--

Doyoung feels exhausted already. He didn't know how he would explain things to the younger one without triggering him, he sighed and opened the door, and found Jaemin sitting on the sofa. 

The younger eyes are red, his cheeks also turned crimson red, and his pale skin highlights the mid-afternoon rays of sunlight. He was dozing off, he looked cold and desolated. Doyoung hurried up and pressed his body to Jaemin's. Bringing warmth to the younger's body. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Doyoung whispered, Jaemin's ears twitched, smelling the fresh cinnamon soap that Doyoung uses, he was on guard, clutching the edge of the sofa. He looks sick but Doyoung knows better. 

"Hyung... I..." Jaemin's lips trembled, blood dripped from his nose and Doyoung quickly put a wet tissue that he saw on the floor. 

"You need to eat. Why didn't you eat Jaemin-ah?" Doyoung asks, placing the wet tissue on the younger face to clean him up. 

"I was worried. I'll be fine. I haven't had an episode since when I was with you and Chenle. I just feel stressed now hyung." Doyoung hummed and took a chocolate candy that he always has in his pocket ever since he was reunited with Jaemin and pressed it to his mouth. He watched him chew the sweetness, he repeated the action and it only took less than a minute before his nose stopped bleeding. 

"I think I need a donation again hyung. I still have an appointment with the doctor I met before. He will give me blood for free, we became acquaintances after he visited the cafe. That Hyung is very kind." Doyoung pressed his lips together, his heart was skipping a beat while listening to his brother. 

"Did they know about you?" Doyoung asks, out of breath. Jaemin paused, he sighs, and nodded his head. 

" I think that's the reason why he helped me. He also has people who are like me. We went to the hospital and received a new blood donation. I can have type A and B and I get a transfusion every three months. He said that my case' experiment was successful and those creatures will probably look for me. My blood is a lot more appetizing than normal people, and it was also full of nutrients for them. The scents will give way so I need to be careful and never stop accepting transfusions. This time, it will carefully change everything." Jaemin explained and Doyoung gulped trembling hands clasping the younger to his embrace. 

"Shit," Doyoung muttered under his breath. 

"I'm sorry hyung... I should have told you when we first met. I know that you are only waiting for me to share it. I feel bad and now Chenle is in danger too. We always bring chaos to you." Jaemin's small voice made him look more vulnerable and small. Doyoung shook his head, biting his lower lip not so he wouldn't make a whimpering noise that could alert the younger. 

"It's not your fault angel. We will be fine. I won't let anyone take you away from me. Chenle and you are mine. We could do this together." Doyoung can taste his even voice with determination. However, Jaemin feels secure in his hyung embrace and calming his inner thoughts...

"By the way, what happened to the meeting?" Jaemin asks quickly to change the topic after noticing that Doyoung was being emotional. He pretends not to notice him doing it though. Jaemin didn't like seeing them get worried and sad about his case. He is this kind of a sweetheart. 

"Well, we need to move to a new home. I'm still worried but it's necessary for Chenle's and now your safety too. I'm just relieved that someone is helping us. I can't lose you two again. Not in my watch." Doyoung mumbles and Jaemin chuckles, teasing his hyung about being sappy. 

"Okay."