That Night

Adeline's POV

"Thanks for dinner, sweety." My dad thanked me for our dinner.

This weekend is fathers day but I have to go and take an important test at my school so I can get my license to be a nurse. Ever since my mom died from breast cancer when I was 15, I knew that I wanted to be a nurse so I could help people.

"No problem dad. I'm sorry that I gotta miss fathers day."

"It's alright sweetheart. I know your busy. As long as you pass your test It'll be one good fathers day."

I give him a smile. My dad is my best friend. He was the only one there for me when my mom died. I haven't always had the best of luck with making friends, but my dad made sure that I knew I was loved and cared for.

"You wanna listen to the radio?" He asked me.

"You read my mind."

"Tonight on Channel 3, there has been a report on some run away drug dealers. They are thought to be between Parkview and Kingsville. Stay safe on the roads."  It came from the radio.

"Well that doesn't sound good." Dad says surprisingly calmly considering we are on the main road between Parkview and Kingsville.

"Dad that's near us."

"Don't worry hun. They wouldn't be stupid enough to run away on a main road."

He's right. They wouldn't.

My moms favorite song comes on the radio after the report. Me and Dad just look at each other and smile before we start singing along.

There are cop cars speeding up and down the road but we don't pay attention to anything but the song.

Until something big hits us enough to make us spin off the road.

My head hits the window breaking the glass. I'm jerking back and forth trying to find something to hold onto.

"Adeline." I hear my dad say beside me as we keep spinning. "It'll be ok."

One last impact on the ground and everything goes black.

Moments go by when I open my eyes and see blinking lights.

A figure runs over to our car and throws something into it.

"I'm so sorry." He apologizes, but for what?

Turns out we were the stupid ones who decided to keep driving on a main road.

AN:

I know this chapter was short but this is not the length of a normal chapter.

I wanted to get this night from Adeline's
POV and the love interest's POV.

So you will have more information after the next chapter!

Thanks for deciding to read my story!