"Alright, so, if you haven't gathered by now, I'll be representing Yura in court. That's Namjoon's doing, by the way." Yoongi informs them, and for the first time in days, Taehyung feels a glimmer of hope. He gives Taehyung a pointed look with the last few words, and Taehyung feels a pang of guilt for being so hostile towards Namjoon. "He's also made sure to expedite the trial process. Most cases like this don't make it to court for months, but he has pulled some strings and our court date is on Friday."

"That's in a week...is that going to be enough time to compile a strong case?" Hoseok asks, swirling the wine in his cup pensively.

"For me? Yes. For Wonho's lawyer? Probably not." Yoongi says, and Taehyung isn't the least bit surprised. Yoongi is such a prominent name in his field of work for just that reason--he's the best of the best. "Especially when you consider they're going to have to cover up a lot of evidence if they want to win. We're going to have an easier time since we're not lying." Yoongi says bitterly. "The less time they have to twist the story, the better."

"So, how can we help?" Taehyung asks, speaking for the first time since his outburst.

"Yura told us about people who might be able to help us create witness testimony." Namjoon replies. "We've already contacted a bunch of people--someone who sold her makeup to cover up the bruises, neighbors who might have heard anything-- but we'll also need you all to testify...everyone okay with that?" Unsurprisingly, no one objects. "We'll also need to compile photographic evidence of Yura--any photos where you might be able to see bruises through her makeup."

"Taehyung, your testimony is going to be the most important. One, you are one of the first to know Yura was being abused, and two, you're soulmates. Logically, the best argument the prosecution is going to have is through emotional manipulation. They're going to play the soulmate card-- that Wonho is Yura's soulmate, and Yura's cruel and heartless for hurting him, all that bullshit." Yoongi explains, taking a sip of the red liquid in his glass.

"How would that work? They're not soulmates." Jungkook asks.

"Yeah, we know that. We have the element of surprise here." Yoongi smirks ever so slightly around the rim of his cup. It takes a moment for the realization to hit, but when it does, Jimin gasps.

"Wonho doesn't know Taehyung and Yura had their bond reconnected." Jimin breathes out, a sly smile on his lips, and Yoongi nods. Taehyung can't help but let out an incredulous laugh.

"All we have to do is prove that Yura and Wonho aren't soulmates, and their main argument falls apart." Hoseok grins, and tips his glass to Yoongi appreciatively. "Min Yoongi, you're a genius."

"Okay, wait, but how do we prove it?" Taehyung counters, not wanting to get too hopeful just yet.

"Well, one, we demonstrate the taste connection in front of the court. And, two, we call in an expert witness." Yoongi explains, and glances down at his watch. "Who should be here any minute, really--"

A knock at the door interrupts him, and he gives Taehyung a knowing smile, nodding towards the door. Raising an eyebrow at his hyung, Taehyung rushes to the door and throws it open.

"Miss me already?" Seokjin grins, but it doesn't quite reach his eyes. Taehyung can't help but genuinely smile for the first time in days as the older man embraces him. "As delightful as you are, I was hoping we'd never have to meet again on account of you needing my help." He says softly, and Taehyung sighs shakily. Seokjin knows better than most exactly what he and Yura have been through. 

"Thank you for coming all this way, hyung." He exclaims gratefully, and pulls apart so that he can introduce Seokjin to his friends. (He does not miss the way Namjoon's hand lingers in Seokjin's when he shakes it.) Once a seventh glass of wine his poured, Taehyung looks around at the six individuals in his kitchen. 

Maybe we have a chance, Taehyung thinks to himself. For so long, Yura has had no one fighting for her, but now she has so many dedicated people who love her unconditionally fighting like hell for her. He wishes she could see them all now. 

"You okay, Tae?" Namjoon asks softly, and Taehyung nods. He doesn't say it, but he knows Namjoon can see the sincere apology in his eyes.

"Yeah. Let's get Yura home." 

the intensity of the writers block i'm experiencing right now o m g

hope y'all liked this anyway, we're sooooo close to the end of this story eeeeee!

love you guys and let me know what you think