Forgive The Urgency

Bora leaned down to Mehtap's ear and asked. "Who is she?" He was confused for so many reasons and he had no idea what was happening.

"Didn't you hear what Mehmet bey said? She's your co-star." Mehtap explained to him.

"What?" Bora was finally back to reality. "She is my partner? But she looks... so young!"

"She's older than she looks, believe me." Mehtap said and her voice showed him that she actually knew how she was.

"So, you know her," Bora said but it was more like a question.

"Yes. Ada Tözün. Weren't you listening when Mehmet bey introduced her?" They were walking behind Ada and Mehmet bey while speaking very quietly.

"I was focused on something else." Bora answered. It wasn't a lie. He was lost in her eyes and he didn't hear a word they said.

"Yeah, I know. She doesn't look very promising but I can't lie, she's very beautiful." Mehtap kept talking.

"Is she?" Bora asked as if he didn't realise it already.

"Are you blind or what?" Mehtap quickly asked back to him. "It's plain as day. I hope she's a decent actress."

"Decent?" Bora blurted out. Then he realised he needed to control his voice. "Decent isn't good enough, OK? If she's not a good actress, I can't do this project."

"Hold your horses before deciding to leave the project. I said it because I didn't watch any of her work before. There's nothing to worry about. At least not yet."

Mehmet bey and Ada stopped while Bora and Mehtap were lost in their conversation. He didn't have a chance to respond to her last sentence because they entered a big room. There were already a couple of people waiting for them.

"Ada, Bora, let me introduce you to our lovely writer İpek Durmaz and our director İlkay Bulut." Mehmet bey said and showed two ladies. One of them, İpek Durmaz was brown haired, hazel eyed lady. She had a kind expression on her face already. İlkay Bulut was taller than average women. She had black eyes, black hair and a very confident look.

Ada quickly extended her hand. "So nice to meet you, all." Her voice was showing signs of being nervous but nobody paid attention. "I love your story. It's very different and layered." she said to the writer.

"It's so nice to hear." İpek answered back. Her body language showed that she wasn't really used to being in the same room with famous people, let alone getting compliments from them.

"I said the same thing to Mehmet bey, when I got the script I was expecting a classic romantic comedy story but you surprised me." Ada continued to praise her work.

Bora was shaking hands with the director, İlkay Bulut while hearing Ada's words. He had no idea what she was talking about because he didn't read a word of the script. His face showed what he was thinking at the moment. He didn't believe anything Ada said to the writer. He was sure that she was just trying to have a good first impression. Then he shook İpek Durmaz's hand and simply said "Nice to meet you."

"Great. Now everybody knows each other. We can move onto the screen test part." Mehmet bey practically announced.

"Screen test?" Bora quickly asked. He had no idea they were going to do something like that. His glance quickly turned to Mehtap. She shrugged to show him that she didn't know it either.

"Yes, I know it's a surprise but we don't have enough time to do anything. Before we start shooting, everybody would love to see your on screen chemistry to make sure this is a good fit. I'm already sure but you know how formalities are. I hope it's OK."